Thread: Spotify - getting songs registered there and PRS etc HELP

Default Spotify - getting songs registered there and PRS etc HELP

Has anyone registered songs on Spotify? I mean so that your song is there and people can play it and if they do you get paid an infinitesimally small amount and somehow you collect that money. How do I go about that?
    I found some website called Tunecore which says that if you upload the songs there then it will put them on Spotify and Tidal and all the other things and then collect the revenue for you and you can get it out of their account and they don't charge anything for that. If true then that would be exactly what I need... but it sounds way too good to be true, any thoughts?
    While I'm at it I might as well ask how you get money from songs played on the radio, coca cola adverts etc, anyone know about this stuff?

I dunno about Portugal, but in the UK you have to sign up to PRS, pay a membership fee and register each individual piece then they'll automatically pay any royalties owed into your account and send you a breakdown of who's playing your stuff, how many times it's been played and so on a few times a year.

Spotify are supposedly in the process of coming up with a system allowing 'creators' to upload direct to the platform, but I don't think they've rolled it out yet so, afaik, you have to get some sort of distribution deal where someone uploads your stuff to the platform like the one you've described. I dunno much about that though and I've never heard of Tunecore.
    Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    my truffles are pristine

Actually it looks as though PRS won't be too difficult actually, I suppose I just need to prove intellectual copyright I guess which should be easy enough.
    Spotify on the other hand looks a bit more tricky, gonna be a lot of work for ten pence royalties I suspect but the artist requested it and I said I would do it. Might be a useful thing to learn I suppose. Possibly.

Yeah, PRS isn't difficult. You just make an account, fill in your details, pay the fee then give them the track titles, track duration, the percentage of royalties (performance and mechanical) you qualify for and that's it really.
    my truffles are pristine

You should have a Bandcamp page too - if you don't already.
    my truffles are pristine

Yeah but that even I can figure out.