Thread: Elseworlds: John McDonnel

Default Elseworlds: John McDonnel

Would John McDonnel have won against may in 2017?

Hes got Corbyn said politics without his abject uselessness. He was on marr a few months back and it made me think hed have beaten may. Watching that alistair Campbell interview with him as well.

My nans my insight into middle England and I think hes like one of the blokes shed want to shag at bingo or something.

Personable and not abjectly useless, which you cant say for Corbyn.

Infinitely stronger rhetorically and more malleable strategically. Doesnt have that boneheaded inflexibility that Corbyn does. Hed play the game better.

I think to some degree he's running a lot of the party anyway. There were quite a few rumours flying round a few months about a "coup" (I hate the dildos who go on about this, like any leadership challenge is a loyalty test). They reformed all of Corbyn's office IIRC and got rid of lots of staff - here's a link, sorry paywalled but you get the gist: https://www.thetimes.co.uk/article/j...coup-pcs89mmd7
    Last edited by DannyL; 27-11-2019 at 03:32 PM.

he's clearly smarter and more media savvy. Less of an intransigent prick. He put the question of his former IRA support to bed in a microsecond. Must be kicking himself watching Corbyn blow it all.

I think he's too hard-nosed for the general public. They say they want "someone with balls who tells it is" and all that, but they don't. They want a caricature of that, hence Boris. Someone who bumbles about, gives a pantomime speech from time to time and tells them what they want to hear without ever laying blame at their feet.

Personally, I like him. I think he might be better suited to his current position than leader though. You want him actually running things rather being the figurehead.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I was more or less pissing cum.