Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's getting rapturous reviews, I'm actually interested. (Slave to the critics that I am.)

Saw this on twitter yesterday amidst the general Amis tributes

version

Some of this is quite poignant. He's 81 this year.

“I look around here, I’ve got to figure out where all this goes,” Scorsese said, gesturing around the room, at everything he’d accumulated in it. “I’ve got to let go of everything. I was a great collector, a great obsessive glutton for cinema and books. And now they all have to go away.” In the back of his study were a series of shelves so crowded with photos of his friends and his children that you couldn’t see the books. “My little mosaic back there,” he called it. That had to go, he said. The film books behind them on the shelves had to go too. “Once you know that you gotta let go and you’re going to die, everything changes,” he said.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
We're all getting old @version. Life is ending. The world is dying. All these moments will be lost in time. Like tears in the rain.
c02b971b1158542c91068fcba7564899.jpg

craner

Beast of Burden
I'm not that interested in this really but even so can you copy and paste it cos apparently i've used up all my GQ points this month

“I look around here, I’ve got to figure out where all this goes,” Scorsese said, gesturing around the room, at everything he’d accumulated in it. “I’ve got to let go of everything. I was a great collector, a great obsessive glutton for cinema and books. And now they all have to go away.” In the back of his study were a series of shelves so crowded with photos of his friends and his children that you couldn’t see the books. “My little mosaic back there,” he called it. That had to go, he said. The film books behind them on the shelves had to go too. “Once you know that you gotta let go and you’re going to die, everything changes,” he said.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I already feel totally clogged up with books and general crap and I'm only 38

Having said that, I went off art for a long time and I'd think look at all these art books what a waste of money and space but now I'm going through an art phase again I feel like I'm in art-hog's heaven realising I have all these brilliant books.

craner

Beast of Burden
Once you hit 40 and you leave the fog and gloom of your 30s all of these objects will be part of the great project that is your life, Corpse.

craner

Beast of Burden
You've then got about 20 or 30 years to do something with it all before you die and everybody who knows you dies too.

craner

Beast of Burden
I have a very positive side and a very negative side which coexist simultaneously. It makes me very balanced.

version

I'm not that interested in this really but even so can you copy and paste it cos apparently i've used up all my GQ points this month

Los Angeles? “Most of my friends are gone,” he said. “They’re all new people. I don’t know them anymore. It’s a new town. It’s a new industry. And it’s nice. It’s just like, I can’t hang out there. Except when I’m with Leo.”

entertainment

People under 30 don't collect. We can't relate to the conception of time that goes along with it. My dad collects lamps in the basement of my parents' house and whenever I'm down there I'm struck by the remove of it from my world. The way they're just down there and have been for ages, each lamp with a particular recognition attached to it. The whole pointlessness of it makes me strangely emotional.

The only ones under 30 who collect do it because it makes them seem quirky.

version

I've a bunch of books and films, but it's just stuff I want to read and watch. I don't have them arranged or particular sets or anything.