Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: What film shall I watch tonight?

Double post.

Fincher was supposed to be remaking strangers on a train recently.
    Αι ψυχαί οσμώνται καθ΄ Άιδην.

i went through a phase of trying to watch them all. his obvious psychosis/sexual hangups start to get a bit much, particularly by the time of the really brutal one set in london. Frenzy I think? that's really sleazy and not at all like a normal hitchcock film.

but all the ones where he was prevented from showing too much cos of the moral code of the day are really excellent.
    psycho i saw quite young (like 10?) at a friends house and they told me it would shit me up and it really did.
    have you seen the test footage and stills for an unrealised project? http://the.hitchcock.zone/wiki/Kaleidoscope
    very weird.

he's a bit like kubrick - total master but even more fucked up as a person and in terms of what he did to the actresses etc

When I say crude Freudian ideas I mean all those ones like Spellbound and Marnie where it was quite a new thing and so they are introduced in a very simplistic and literal manner. Same goes for the way his fear of heights is dealt with in Vertigo.

Funny... I watched through all the Hitchcock stuff at one point and I too thought that Frenzy is a kinda turning point. Not for the better.

Mildly interesting somethings... I meant the plot twists etc
    I don't agree that it feels modern though, I think it's surprising how little social media features and it's a mistake (often made) to think that making it about winning a PR war is a recent idea.

IT 2 maybe?

More bearable if you have a decent recliner - anyone got any tips?