Libraries

DannyL

Wild Horses
How many of you use the library on a regular basis? I love mine. My gf got me back into it, and I've not bought a book for ages as a consequence. I absolutely love it and they clearly do serve as something of a community hub. I overheard a meeting last week taking place between some kind of mentor and some kid excluded from school. They're fine spaces, and as I only want to read most books once, I'm happy to order stuff through inter-library loan. Having access to an academic library is great also but a bit more of a rarefied pleasure.

Put in mind by this fine article: https://www.ft.com/content/b7a2ad7a-1036-11ea-a7e6-62bf4f9e548a

luka

Never. Like listening to the radio it's something that used to mean the world to me but doesn't seem possible any more.

DannyL

Wild Horses
Nice analogy. I might've said that a while back but it's easily slotted back into my life. Something nice to do with the kids on a Saturday morning.

luka

It's yet another of those situations where limited choice turns out to be a good thing. away from online glut.

sufi

lala
I'm in the pit of guilt-ridden shame wrt our local library. it's cyclical and will alleviate when i round up the 1/2 doz books that are loooong overdue and dump them in the outdoor deposits box (full hoody required to circumvent Enfield council CCTV),
This is the problem with Libraries, some people can't cope with the responsibility

craner

Beast of Burden
All the libraries in Cardiff have been renamed "hubs" and people go there to argue about council tax and bus passes.