Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Oozey Anthem

I can't think of anything else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    I was more or less pissing cum.

3. The Following User Says Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by catalog View Post
    negrastani talking about thomas gold's 'deep hot biosphere' theory in cyclonopedia:

"Thomas Gold's theory of Deep Hot Biosphere suggests that petroleum is not a fossil fuel, and that oil has its origin in natural gas flows which feed bacteria living in the bowels of the Earth. Therefore, the demonarchy of oil is not subjected to the laws of the dead (i.e. the preserved corpses of prehistoric organisms) but rather is animated by a Plutonic vitalism (abiogenic petroleum generated by the nether biosphere of the Earth). Petroleum surfaces from primordial origins - thus, it is not of the Earth but of the Outside, planted here as a xeno-chemical Insider... If oil is somehow undying then so also are the warmachines dissolved in it, until such time as they accomplish their tasks, one of behalf of the Insider and the Earth, the other on behalf of monotheism and the Divine..."

so the slime could be thought of as a type of afrofuturism maybe, but one looking inside rather than outside (with 'inside' having come originally from 'outside' anyway). and the slime is possessed and alive.

so maybe the basic vocabulary ('breathe') and inattention to the beat (in fact the beat doesn't matter, that's why it's so shit) is because of an attempt to go right back down to something alien in the core.
    There's definitely something alien about slime. I think it's because it's solid enough to have a form, but liquid enough that it doesn't look remotely like an animal.

i suppose the alien connection would lead us onto fungus and spores. mckenna and his stoned apes. fungus coming from another planet. always found that so weird in biology, how you've got animals and plants, that's fair enough, then an entire other kingdom just for fucking mushrooms. beggars belief. i mean, what is going on there.

wet spores producing poisonous slime. the poison is somehow energising for inhabitants of atlantean trap houses.

house of bush and saud as well, it's oil country right?

Some of them can solve mazes.

Quote Originally Posted by catalog View Post
    i suppose the alien connection would lead us onto fungus and spores. mckenna and his stoned apes. fungus coming from another planet. always found that so weird in biology, how you've got animals and plants, that's fair enough, then an entire other kingdom just for fucking mushrooms. beggars belief. i mean, what is going on there.

wet spores producing poisonous slime. the poison is somehow energising for inhabitants of atlantean trap houses.

house of bush and saud as well, it's oil country right?
    That fungus that turns ants into zombies and controls them is the stuff of nightmares.

"familiar forms dissolve... objects which our learned perceptions had persuaded us were solid and fixed began to oscillate and vibrate"

https://maps.org/research-archive/ps.../n07070lea.pdf

i learnt about a new type of clothing process the other day. it's using man made fibres like polyester and sound. you basically fire high frequency sound at two pieces of clothing, and it causes the molecules to oscillate and vibrate, thus creating heat. you then apply pressure and the clothing pieces become joined. so it basically can make clothes without any stitches at all, so it's being used for waterproofs and sportswear.

Do any of the slime rappers do any talking dubs, it are there any good radio interviews? Might help me to understand the music better

Found a video interview, all the comments are about percocet and how hard he is to understand. He's pretty busy in his wide ranging tangents. I watched about 5 mins. Dunno what this means. I think that the vocals in the songs represent a sort of calming down. Our information challenge in the current moment is about trying to control the flow into ourselves. We've gone from quite sudden info scarcity to obesity, like within a generation. This music, these artists, it's like their music is so sparse in some ways cos it's the only way to deal with the constant buzzing round them

Could do with a decent primer on the main slime man young thug. Like a good Reynolds piece or something

Not too long, not too many YouTube clips, more like a detailed analysis of the odd lyric and so on