Oozey Anthem

sadmanbarty

it's one young thug's young slime label. gotit grew up on the same street as young thug.

the whole snake thing you get from ysl plays into luke's diabolic understanding of this music.

entertainment

The green tint is dystopic. The Matrix, Fallout. The obliteration of cultivated rules and morals. The rise of cyber-tribal warfare.

entertainment

The air is tinted green with weed. Breathe in, breathe out. Let it fill your lungs and saturate your veins. Lose control, become a zombie.

catalog

Green is a benign colour, in short supply at the moment.

I just listened. The thing I first thought is that it's two voices, passing the 'breathe in, breathe out', so it's quite a simple organic beginning, like a natural lead in. Almost like one person telling the other just to breathe, it'll come. Coaching.

The beat, I dunno, I've not got a lot to say on that.

The verses, the things I noticed are the singing, the slight falsetto. But what I got from the words, it's pretty standard, feels like I'm not hearing much new.

sadmanbarty

luke's thing about the frequency being muffled and subsumed as opposed to clear is interesting. there's very much two polarities with how this music's experienced. me and my friends here it as very physically arresting and dynamic; it compels you to move. sonic jackson pollock flicks. post-dab head nods and slams. triplets are inherently bouncy. all those intersecting voices cutting accross each other. fruit ninja sounding music. that rapid fire manipulation of stimuli is very much going through the barty stargate. voices like jungle drums. when you get a word or phrase interupted and repeated it sounds like rewinding time.

then on the otehr end of the spectrum (the end that dissensus discourse has buy and large been focussed on) is the apathy and ambiance and all that.

in terms of frequencies cutting through the mental sludge and muck the autotune's very crucial. i can't really listen to vocals without autotune these days; it sounds like when a cartoon chicken loses all its feathers and is all pink and naked. supercat and sean paul had great voices that could slice thorugh anything and autotune gives everybody that quality. like lasers. those trebly 808 drums are likewise crucial in cutting through.

it is silopsistic though. it's like if your brain was hooked up with wires and that shot the precise electrical pulse to give you certain reactions. music that plugs your nervous system into the mother board and allows you to control it with buttons.

catalog

Lose control, become a zombie.

Yeah, I mean I'm not really feeling this vibe with it, as a song, or a lot of what luke and Barty are saying for that matter. I don't really get the otherworldly thing so much.

To me it's more of a confessional, like the one guy saying to the other, tell me, and then you get the tale. That's sort of it. Maybe the only other level I get is that it's himself talking, coaching himself, there's just a tweak on the vocal maybe

sadmanbarty

subaquatic.

our culture doesn't resist rising sea levels- it doesn't warn against them- but rather fetishises them. it's hypnotised by them. seapunk.

flooding the world to render it a womb; global warming creating an amniotic sac that we'll inhabit as we evolve from our embryonic stages of technological evolution.

the amphibious age. pepe the frog. the transitional stage between us and our david icke reptilian overlords.

the flood myth. the flood cleansed the world of sin once before. now it will cleanse the world of the nation state as it induces mass migration and encourages supranational organisation to address it. "boarderless". the leviathon. "convergence".

gentle waves lapping soothing disturbed souls. the flames of our passions extinguished and pacified. our agency subsumed.

View attachment 1935

catalog

Yeah, cheers, I read the other thread and then came back in time to see.

Yeah the underwater vibe is definitely present, I get that. Muffled and muddy. Like some of the kit's fucked cos it's got wet.

But if we're in the water, wheres the blue?

I've not really understood this music yet tho. I'm gonna listen to the other ones

luka

I think we are in a medium which is thicker than air but it's not water. The atmosphere on another planet. Chewy air. Heavy gravity drag.

luka

You've got those lovely glittering twinkling starburst bits too. Glassy light.

catalog

Smog!

I don't think this is smoggy tho. There would be more nasal sounds if it were. It doesn't feel like there's no air, more like it's the end of the night and the airs too clean and new, but you are fucked.

catalog

Listened to a couple of the other tunes now. Doesn't grab me. I'm gonna watch twin peaks, will check back.