Oozey Anthem

version

negrastani talking about thomas gold's 'deep hot biosphere' theory in cyclonopedia:

"Thomas Gold's theory of Deep Hot Biosphere suggests that petroleum is not a fossil fuel, and that oil has its origin in natural gas flows which feed bacteria living in the bowels of the Earth. Therefore, the demonarchy of oil is not subjected to the laws of the dead (i.e. the preserved corpses of prehistoric organisms) but rather is animated by a Plutonic vitalism (abiogenic petroleum generated by the nether biosphere of the Earth). Petroleum surfaces from primordial origins - thus, it is not of the Earth but of the Outside, planted here as a xeno-chemical Insider... If oil is somehow undying then so also are the warmachines dissolved in it, until such time as they accomplish their tasks, one of behalf of the Insider and the Earth, the other on behalf of monotheism and the Divine..."

so the slime could be thought of as a type of afrofuturism maybe, but one looking inside rather than outside (with 'inside' having come originally from 'outside' anyway). and the slime is possessed and alive.

so maybe the basic vocabulary ('breathe') and inattention to the beat (in fact the beat doesn't matter, that's why it's so shit) is because of an attempt to go right back down to something alien in the core.

There's definitely something alien about slime. I think it's because it's solid enough to have a form, but liquid enough that it doesn't look remotely like an animal.

catalog

i suppose the alien connection would lead us onto fungus and spores. mckenna and his stoned apes. fungus coming from another planet. always found that so weird in biology, how you've got animals and plants, that's fair enough, then an entire other kingdom just for fucking mushrooms. beggars belief. i mean, what is going on there.

wet spores producing poisonous slime. the poison is somehow energising for inhabitants of atlantean trap houses.

house of bush and saud as well, it's oil country right?

version

i suppose the alien connection would lead us onto fungus and spores. mckenna and his stoned apes. fungus coming from another planet. always found that so weird in biology, how you've got animals and plants, that's fair enough, then an entire other kingdom just for fucking mushrooms. beggars belief. i mean, what is going on there.

wet spores producing poisonous slime. the poison is somehow energising for inhabitants of atlantean trap houses.

house of bush and saud as well, it's oil country right?

That fungus that turns ants into zombies and controls them is the stuff of nightmares.

catalog

i learnt about a new type of clothing process the other day. it's using man made fibres like polyester and sound. you basically fire high frequency sound at two pieces of clothing, and it causes the molecules to oscillate and vibrate, thus creating heat. you then apply pressure and the clothing pieces become joined. so it basically can make clothes without any stitches at all, so it's being used for waterproofs and sportswear.

catalog

Do any of the slime rappers do any talking dubs, it are there any good radio interviews? Might help me to understand the music better

catalog

Found a video interview, all the comments are about percocet and how hard he is to understand. He's pretty busy in his wide ranging tangents. I watched about 5 mins. Dunno what this means. I think that the vocals in the songs represent a sort of calming down. Our information challenge in the current moment is about trying to control the flow into ourselves. We've gone from quite sudden info scarcity to obesity, like within a generation. This music, these artists, it's like their music is so sparse in some ways cos it's the only way to deal with the constant buzzing round them

catalog

Could do with a decent primer on the main slime man young thug. Like a good Reynolds piece or something

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I had the opportunity to go to Paris to interview Young Thug—and I turned it down.

Partly it clashed with personal plans and partly I was terrified. :crylarf:

luka

Talking to him has been especially difficult for journalists. He has been known to sit with an interviewer and not answer questions. Not even betray that he knows there is another person in a room with him. GQ once scheduled a photo shoot with him, and he could not be persuaded to get off his kitchen counter to have his picture taken (though clearly, as you can see, he enjoys having his picture taken). He didn't say no; he just never acknowledged that anyone had asked him anything. Once, in the middle of another interview, he got up, walked out of the room, went to the airport, and flew away.

https://www.gq.com/story/young-thug-best-rapper-alive-interview

luka

What that interview reminded me is that rap stars are picked up out of the direst, unimaginable poverty and neglect.

His real name is Jeff. JEFF. He is 24 years old and six feet three inches tall but has the tiniest little feet, size 8.5, like someone had bound them when he was a child. A 26-inch waist. He eats almost nothing. Says he does not like to eat, and goes for days without food. On the third of every month, a doctor shows up at his mansion near Buckhead and injects him with vitamins. All the greens, he says, to keep me healthy. His toenails are immaculately manicured and painted iridescent. They look like tiny soap bubbles. He wears little girls' dresses as shirts sometimes, women's pants. When he likes something, he calls it sexy. He calls a Gucci shirt sexy, he calls men sexy, and women he flirts with. He recently called the 2-year-old son of a woman he was flirting with online sexy. He has six children by four women. He's on-again, off-again with his girlfriend, Jerrika, but at the time we talked he said they're engaged. He is one of 11 children, dropped out of high school, had his first child at 17. He grew up in Section 8 housing in a very poor, violent part of Atlanta. He had nothing, his first manager says, when he began rapping. Like, a few shirts, a pair of shoes. He was shy then. He didn't have the gold front teeth yet; his teeth were rotted, discolored. He covered them with his hand when he talked.

ADVERTISEMENT

He is extremely close to his mother, who suffers from an enlarged heart. They call her Big Duck. They call his dad Big Jeff. His mom and dad call each other brother and sister now. His little sister Dora, whom he calls his twin, is almost constantly by his side. They call one of his brothers, phonetically, Oonphoonk. Oonphoonk is in prison on a murder conviction—another of Thug's brothers was murdered outside his house when Thug was a kid.

It came up for me more recently when I was watching the video to trap queen

Here he is after eating a few more square meals

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Yeah can you imagine me, sweating profusely, trying to get him to answer any of my questions?

I was picturing an entourage of 6,5" musclebound goons. The air thick with skunk. Everyone cackling at my stammering bourgeoise inquiries. Maybe someone passes me a blunt just for a laugh and I end up even more of a paranoid mess.

The dream scenario of course was Young Thug absolutely loved my questions and my personality and I ended up the Boswell to his Johnson.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
On the way out Birdman threatens me with castration if he reads my article and finds anything that even remotely suggests that Young Thug is effeminate.