sadmanbarty

could have been scientologists had their environment been different. could have read the secret if they were slightly dumber. willing your way into self-betterment. a tweed jacket like an intellectual suit of armour.

droid

Right masquerading as libertarian. Ex home of Andy Ngo. Jordan Peterson taking points for the pretentious. Deriding cultural marxism via an excess of syllables. Just another laughably repulsive swine with lipstick on.

craner

Beast of Burden
I knew he wouldn't be able to resist this.

Deriding cultural marxism via an excess of syllables. Just another laughably repulsive swine with lipstick on. Malign accretions orbiting a void. A gyre of the self.

sadmanbarty

droid's recent posts have been very angry. i want a nice post from him. i'm very sensitive and struggle to deal with negativity.

luka

I love craner he's my friend. Sometimes I worry about him but I would never acuse him of noncerry

luka

could have been scientologists had their environment been different. could have read the secret if they were slightly dumber. willing your way into self-betterment. a tweed jacket like an intellectual suit of armour.

Here look you were doing well a minute ago this is great saves me writing my own thesis

luka

One of the things I was trying to get at in the interesting ethnic pathways thread is the way in which conservatism is forced to fictionalise in the absence of any sustained tradition. After industrial revolutions and world wars and globalisation and the 1960s unending of everything. After the gays and the feminists and the civil rights movement. When everything has been blown apart. And as a result it ends up as ludicrous kitsch.

You can see that here with the harking back to world pre 1960s. The rat pack suits with the narrow black ties. The side parted hair for men and the lopsided, would be rakish grin. You can see it in the tweed jackets which hark back to an aristocratic society which failed to survive the 20th century. Grouse moors and butlers. It's a kind of play acting that takes its cues not from a lived and living sustained tradition but from the entertainment industry. Period costume dramas. Mad Men. I'm very very surprised Oliver is susceptible to this as it is a serious lapse of taste.