version

I've never read him, but I hate Cormac McCarthy. I looked at a quote from Blood Meridian once and was bored before I'd finished it. Just the thought of him irritates me for some reason. Moody old Cormac with his biblical prose.

Cormac-McCarthy.jpg

Last edited:

luka

De Lilo
Saul Bellow
Phillip Roth
John Updike
Julian Barnes
Sebastian Faulks

version

He wrote an article about language that sounded cool, but was ridiculously boring and which was apparently completely wrong anyway. He's somehow involved in some sort of scientific community despite knowing nothing about science.

luka

There's English writers I hate and American writers I hate but I hate them for different reasons. They embody very different hateful things

version

The film's miles better. He basically writes himself into the book as Malcolm and just lectures the rest of the characters and the reader about things like how he feels most people have what he likes to call "thintelligence".

luka

Well it's still a good idea. West world is a cool idea. Andromeda strain is a cool idea.

version

He has some cool ideas, but I found Jurassic Park so irritating to read that it sapped the fun out of them.

luka

Weird I just wrote sap. That was the thing you couldn't think of but actually you said it

version

There's something about writers I dislike that riles me up more than musicians or filmmakers. I guess it's partly because it's more of a commitment to read a book, but I hate McCarthy and I've never read his books.

Last edited:

version

David Foster Wallace came up in another thread. I don't mind bits and pieces, but I hate David Foster Wallace the writer; the voice; the persona.

Last edited:

luka

There's something about writers I dislike that riles me up more than musicians or filmmakers. I guess it's partly because it's more of a commitment to read a book, but I hate Mccarthy and I've never read his books.

I've only read two of the authors I listed.