version

Someone was talking to me about Steve Jobs the other day and I suddenly realised that his company branding is the fruit involved in original sin. The logo even has a bite taken out of it...

220px-Logo_Apple.inc.gif

He's said it's just that he visited an apple farm once and thought the name was fun and "not intimidating", but that's a crap backstory.

According to Steve Jobs, the company's name was inspired by his visit to an apple farm while on a fruitarian diet. Jobs thought the name "Apple" was "fun, spirited and not intimidating".

Apple's first logo, designed by Ron Wayne, depicts Sir Isaac Newton sitting under an apple tree. It was almost immediately replaced by Rob Janoff's "rainbow Apple", the now-familiar rainbow-colored silhouette of an apple with a bite taken out of it. Janoff presented Jobs with several different monochromatic themes for the "bitten" logo, and Jobs immediately took a liking to it. However, Jobs insisted that the logo be colorized to humanize the company. The logo was designed with a bite so that it would not be confused with a cherry. The colored stripes were conceived to make the logo more accessible, and to represent the fact the Apple II could generate graphics in color. This logo is often erroneously referred to as a tribute to Alan Turing, with the bite mark a reference to his method of suicide. Both Janoff and Apple deny any homage to Turing in the design of the logo.

sadmanbarty

Someone was talking to me about Steve Jobs the other day and I suddenly realised that his company branding is the fruit involved in original sin. The logo even has a bite taken out of it...

View attachment 2008

He's said it's just that he visited an apple farm once and thought the name was fun and "not intimidating", but that's a crap backstory.

OUTRAGEOUS!

technology of course offers us knowledge. like eve we have bitten from the fruit.

View attachment 1844

IdleRich

IdleRich
One thing I found interesting was that I read that when Apple Computers formed there was some kind of legal attention from Apple Music the Beatles company but they were able to persuade them to let and let live cos Apple was not in the same business... it had nothing whatsoever to do with music....

Leo

One thing I found interesting was that I read that when Apple Computers formed there was some kind of legal attention from Apple Music the Beatles company but they were able to persuade them to let and let live cos Apple was not in the same business... it had nothing whatsoever to do with music....

sounds like a gentlemen's agreement that today's lawyers would never let stand.