i hate sigs

sufi

lala
hear hear
they spoil the flow

There is a school of thought on forum etiquette which says that calling other posters out by name is a bad behaviour. I think that would include using quotes from other posters as your sig. Now here on dissensus we've never bothered with rules, but the reason other forums say that, is because that behaviour can be bullying. Making nasty tags about people anonymously imho crosses that line and has certainly pissed people off on here sometimes (and it's always the same bullying shit - "o it was just a joke").

On the other hand, sometimes calling posters out to encourage them to share has been great here, so I'm glad we never tried to lay down the law. & i'll pipe the fuck down after thanking everyone for being considerate. :love:

sadmanbarty

leo once said the formatting of signatures is annoying, so that's fine.

straying into weird territory when we start using the term "in joke" as derogatory. i've never seen two people having harmless fun- even fun i didn't understand- and thought it was a bad thing. back in the day when craner and luke would have those verbal polari dances together i found it endearing even though i had no clue what the fuck they were on about.

Leo

my annoyance was that on quick look, it can appear the commenter is quoting and replying to what's said in their signature when they aren't. also, someone (forget who) has 3 or 4 quotes in their sig, a bit much.

usually quotes in sigs are initially pretty funny but get annoying when you see them 20 times a day.

Last edited:

luka

But as I say bullying in jokes and blokishness are the life blood of the forum.

sadmanbarty

clogging up the forum with crap blokey in-jokes

just sayin'

:poop:

Corpsey gave up wanking for four days and had a dream where he was pissing cum

i was tempted to turn both of these into signatures tonight, but refrained from doing so in case people saw it as a provocation of some sort.

a great shame. the sacrifices made in the name of diplomacy. like all those ira amnesties.

muser

I genuinely have no idea what is real or not on this forum, if anyone actually knows each other, hates each other or are best mates or if it's all part of some elaborate in-joke. It's what makes this forum great, makes you feel totally mentally unhinged as a casual bystander.

mistersloane

heavy heavy monster sound
I hate sigs.

But sometimes the truth has to be allowed to rise, like the black sun rising over the ark of the covenant.

Luka is actually sadmanbarty. I'm surprised none of you have noticed it yet, the cadence, the "barty to thread" notices.

Luke had a split a while back, and has been both of them for a while now. The forum ate his life. He was contained but now he's out, he's allowed access to the net for 2 hours a day supervised under his section but all that has meant is that he's had to create multiple personalities to allow the dialogues he hasn't been able to type.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Funny how all of the quotes in version's new sig link to a pretty bland post by me about the distribution of Labour votes in the general election.