Kevin Spacey

version

What's going on there? Three of the people who've leveled accusations against him have now died and he's dropped another vid in character as Frank Underwood seemingly hinting at him having had something to do with it...

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I'd like to believe he's murdering them, but I don't expect life to be so dramatically satisfying.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Jesus christ, that's creepy. Didn't House of Cards get rid of him....if so, don't they have some kind of image rights over the character that would prevent him doing this? For the good of everyone.

version

One of my mates met him at some awards ceremony in LA the night before the allegations came out and said he was incredibly charming. It really threw him for a loop seeing the headlines the next day after seeing what he was like up close. That he could be so likeable and charismatic whilst having all that in his head and having allegedly done what he'd done.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I read somewhere that he had himself been abused as a child - perhaps by a parent?

Ah here it is

https://www.independent.co.uk/arts-...l-fowler-thomas-geoffrey-fowler-a8029776.html

I think Spacey is an interesting case in terms of the effect his personality will have on watching his work. Cos he more or less played bastards. And so him being an IRL bastard doesn't really hurt those roles. If Tom Hanks got accused of stuff like this it would ruin most of his movies.

version

I think Spacey is an interesting case in terms of the effect his personality will have on watching his work. Cos he more or less played bastards. And so him being an IRL bastard doesn't really hurt those roles. If Tom Hanks got accused of stuff like this it would ruin most of his movies.

American Beauty might be a little close to the bone these days.

muser

a friend met him inter-railing when he was around 18, Spacey tagged along with the group of lads he was with and went back to the place they were staying, was being all weird and letchy while they low key were taking he piss, he passed out on their sofa after getting too stoned.

muser

I've never been able to enjoy Spacey on screen, something a bit jarring about him, same as Nicholas Cage.

Leo

My cousin works in film/video production, worked on a set with Spacey many years ago and I recall him telling me at the time that Spacey was a horrible, creepy person. Treated the crew like shit (much more so than a typical Hollywood star), etc. I found it hard to believe, since I did like many of his performances and loved House of Cards.

Not sure he's helped himself much with these videos, comes off as pure ego. No way they sway any sympathy in his direction.