jackboys

luka

It's not third. Third couldn't be bothered with that sort of thing. Not many people could be bothered with it.

luka

Two hundred years ago I walked into that Turkish supermarket in Ilford and heard Jackboys for the first time

Benny Bunter

great song (and video)
Are you into him already, mvuent? I've become obsessed with him recently, so many tunes

And some amazing features. This was a massive tiktok hit apaarently last year

And I love this one - those tremulous autotuned oooooohs at the end of each bar

And this is just a fucking banger

And both his own albums are great, no one should let the travis scott connection put them off - he transcends

Benny Bunter

I like after party but haven't been sold on much else. Feels like a hook/feature guy
Yeah, I thought this at first but now I reckon he's more special than that - great singer, great melodies, love his use of autotune/reverb/pitchshifting effects, the overall psychedelic druggy production. (I can't really get into travis scott's own stuff, but this style of production really suits Toliver). I reckon there's only a couple weak tracks on each of the albums, and he's got a good handful of absolutely stellar ones by now, with all the features.

Love this from the first album, so catchy, and yeah a bit corny (I'm bad like Michael Jackson) but irrresistible to me

AFAICT (just skimmed it and thought it was pretty meh) he's got the best track on the new Young Stoner Life comp - can't go wrong with a flute riddim

Was underwhelmed at first but I love his new single now after a few spins. Video gets well trippy.

Benny Bunter

I like after party but haven't been sold on much else. Feels like a hook/feature guy
Was thinking with something like Cardigan, it's built out of practically nothing but hooks, switching between three different ones, each repeated several times during the song and each a subtle variation in melody on the other, so it hits a sweet spot that's somewhere between a 'track' and a 'song'.

It's an approach that really burns the melodies into your head, I find. Addictive.