Entertainment’s date

IdleRich

IdleRich
There's a sort of conspiracy theory around the Wests. Something to do with sacrificial orgies in barns. They didn't get caught for all they did. Etc.
I think there is a legitimate argument that he may have killed more people. I watched or read something about it. I think there are more young women who vanished in mysterious circumstances in his sphere perhaps. Didn't he hit his head when he was young and they think that changed his personality or something? The whole story was fucked up, Rose was having sex with her brothers and parents from a young age and so on. And when Rose and Fred had kids they were inviting Rose's dad over to fuck them too.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Fred's dad taught him how to rape farmyard animals by sticking their rear legs down your wellies.

Not making this up.

I refuse to ever read about the Wests again because the last few times I did it mentally scarred me. (Same goes for Albert Fish and a host of others.) Don't stare into the abyss cos it's got shit in that you will never forget.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I agree you gotta be careful with that kind of stuff... that Appropriate Adult programme was really interesting though. I didn't even know about that concept of having a random person sitting with accused if they were believed to (in some way) be mentally unable to deal with the charges like a normal adult. Particularly weird cos you see that in some ways Fred was very charismatic and able to overwhelm and persuade younger or more impressionable people (and even the AA to some extent) but when he tried it on with an educated person like a lawyer or whatever who can see the gaps and contradictions in the argument he's completely uncompelling.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Fred's dad taught him how to rape farmyard animals by sticking their rear legs down your wellies.

Not making this up.

I refuse to ever read about the Wests again because the last few times I did it mentally scarred me. (Same goes for Albert Fish and a host of others.) Don't stare into the abyss cos it's got shit in that you will never forget.

Great opportunity for a documentary about where it all started to go wrong called 'Decline of the Wests'.

catalog

If you've not read it already, I would recommend the gordon burn book on the wests, think it's called 'happy like murderers'. It's really fucking grim, but he's a hell of a writer. He takes it somewhere else completely, brings in all sorts of other things.