Dissensus Blogs

luka

I'm working on my new essay, On Being a Leaf.

Why, when this span of life might be fleeted away
as laurel, a little darker than all
the surrounding green, with tiny waves on the border
of every leaf (like the smile of a wind): - oh, why
have to be human, and shunning Destiny,
long for Destiny?..

Richly referenced with thread links, quotes, dramatic exits and behind the scenes gossip please

alt title: We Need Some More Girls In Here

other_life

bioconfused
i saw the film on youtube when i was sleep deprived :embarrassed:
i thought the scene where the jew and the greek were talking sacred alphabets was... affecting.
so was leo shouting about the dignity of the jewish people, spinoza and marx.
i should read it.

catalog

Yeah, all that and more. I've made a few notes, well, mainly just page refs which contain interesting bits. Can post them up at some point, once I've finished. There's a good bit with a song, where he provides the musical notation, it's quite a dark rhyme (a boy smashes the window of a Jewish house, the daughter comes out and befriends him, ends up chopping his head off)

luka

it's really intersting to read becasue it is much more assertive and even dogmatic than the dissensus mvuent. that's the essay effect. you have to speak with the voice of Authority.

luka

i really like the way it namedrops forum luminaries like droid and version without explaining who they are.

"You can't stay in solitude forever. Come to think of it, I discussed this with Version once. "

it's a dissensus blog in the true sense. it assumes knowledge of the forum. its how it should be. masterful. exemplary.