Dissensus Blogs

luka

Ideally we would extend dissensus by having blogs to talk about the same things at a slower more considered pace and at greater length and depth. A two tier system of discussion.

Craner and Poetix and maybe some others already have that. Me and a
Barty keep meaning to re-present the stuff we've done here in a blog, as a safe space where we can do it without getting shouted at and abused but inertia is a great and terrible enemy.

Maybe this year we can all do it and it will be very good and rewarding.

craner

Beast of Burden
It would be cool to have a satellite of blogs again. I still think it's a great format if used with imagination, just look at what Grapejuice has done. My blog is a very selfish creation and doesn't really touch on any conversations that go on here, but I go a bit funny in the head if I don't have some writing to work on. Maybe if I didn't do that I'd contribute more to this, I don't know. But I would love it if there were lots of blogs again, rather than Twitter accounts or Facebook profiles. It was much more interesting and creative.

Reactions: sus

luka

The options don't matter it's just words on a blank screen essentially. You've got a lot of posts ready to go already. I think we should do this. The fight against inertia is the only important one.

luka

And as Craner says resistance against the imperial forces of Twitter Facebook etc also vital

version

The options don't matter it's just words on a blank screen essentially. You've got a lot of posts ready to go already. I think we should do this. The fight against inertia is the only important one.

Depends. Which ones are owned by Google? Who owns the others? I know it's just words, I'm on about technicalities re: data usage, services they sign you up for etc.

droid

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I was actually thinking of getting back into blogging in order to force me to be a) productive and b) more engaged with music in particular.

sufi

lala
I have a load of wordpresses set up and can do more if people want them - they are nice and easy to use and cheap/free - let me know...
(as droid says the self-hosted version is better than the WP.com for various reasons)

I've been tinkering with this forum trying to get a copy fixed up on a new server - but it might be time to move all the discussions to new a software package as well as different hosting before too long.
vbulletin, which is the software the forum uses at the moment, probably has some 1/2assed blog product but tbh it's probably not worth it

mvuent

Void Dweller
i like this idea. has anyone done this already? used their blog to elaborate on something discussed here?

mvuent

Void Dweller
oh good point, i meant in the last few years. i wouldn't really recognize it as such if it were based on conversations that were had during the bush administration.

Last edited:

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've written a 12,000 word essay on dematerialisation for publication in Wire.

I HAVEN'T CREDITED ANY OF YOU CUNTS.