Dissensus Blogs

There’s now a tension between a dislike of authoritative voice and what was said on the interesting writing thread about how qualification kills momentum, how in criticism things have to be the pinnacle of humanity or worse than the holocaust, absolutes

It’s partly about subject matter, when it works isn’t it. And importance. Reporting on the facts v judging something subjective

droid

You poor sods. Slaves to your little symbols. Tied, hidebound, sunk in the filthy mud of language.

version

I understand completely what you are saying about the dishonesty of the authoritative voice, though. it is definitely a big trap with this kind of thing, and it is even more obvious and widespread now than it was 15 years ago. I stopped myself writing about politics precisely as a reaction to this and the sense that I had done it myself, and to myself.

It's the same voice I was talking about when I said I don't like Twitter. The "voice of reason".

luka

You poor sods. Slaves to your little symbols. Tied, hidebound, sunk in the filthy mud of language.

Language is the most fascinating thing there is. A lot of people think the universe itself is language, or was formed from language.

luka

His mum calls him on the phone for a chat.

"so Droid, how are you getting on son"

Droid plays synth pad

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I've been reading a lot of Alexander Pope and Jonathan Swift in the last few days and I've decided my blog is going to be written entirely in heroic couplets.

This is no joke. We’re building a movement. You think I’ve started posting here for the tune recommendations and trip reports?

luka

Don't worry shiels I'm behind you! We're going to build The Compound. Then we'll see who's laughing.

The word Dissensian should be used in art exhibition promo by 2025, that’s the goal, just have to decide what it means now.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
Legend says it's what you call a member of the secret Subversive Order of Dissensus.

The SODs are renowned for their breadth of knowledge, large members and ability to feud.

Once you pass 2000 posts you may be invited for initiation.

I'm still waiting.

luka

Did you go to university? If so, what did you study? What are the last three books you read? What was the last note you wrote to yourself about?

Fuck all that this isn’t a night class luka we’re doing what you said in the original post mate, expanding on discussions here, it’s a collective thing