Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... or Liquid Swords?

• Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Liquid Swords

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

version

Spot Rusherz, Heaven & Hell and Can It Be All So Simple (Remix) are the worst on OB4CL. Living in the World Today (fucking hate that hook) and I Gotcha Back are the worst on LS.

sadmanbarty

something wu tang really capture in the their lyrics is the magical realism you sense living in the dingier multicultural metropolises. i always talk about deptford market as being like some fantastical bazzaar arabic folklore. lines like "watch out for haiti bitches, i hear they throw hex" really tap into that sense you get.

version

version

something wu tang really capture in the their lyrics is the magical realism you sense living in the dingier multicultural metropolises. i always talk about deptford market as being like some fantastical bazzaar arabic folklore. lines like "watch out for haiti bitches, i hear they throw hex" really tap into that sense you get.

Burroughs' Interzone.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
BiasedKendrickStan
Upvote
Downvote

Both trash and overrated

And im not ignorant. I gave them both multiple listens and still can’t find the appeal about em. Its just dusty rap over dusty production.

This is just some snowflake gen zer who needs his head flushed down the bogs.

droid

Just listening to the Linx instrumentals. The only non-brilliant ones are Knucleheadz & Knowledge God, otherwise almost entirely sublime. Verbal Intercourse is otherworldly.

But what's this?! This wasnt on the vinyl!

DannyL

Wild Horses
This is just some snowflake gen zer who needs his head flushed down the bogs.

Of course I AGREE

... but..... I sympathise to some degree. It took me ages to get OB4CL. I think it's a difficult record to comprehend at first, as a whole. It did seem grainy and repetitive and I was hoping for something else. Then it clicked and made magnificent sense. In that old Wire piece I mentioned above they describe listening to as looking at a message on a rizla paper under a streetlight, it might just mean something. I think that kind of cryptic difficultly catches something of what it can be like on first listen.

version

Of course I AGREE

... but..... I sympathise to some degree. It took me ages to get OB4CL. I think it's a difficult record to comprehend at first, as a whole. It did seem grainy and repetitive and I was hoping for something else. Then it clicked and made magnificent sense. In that old Wire piece I mentioned above they describe listening to as looking at a message on a rizla paper under a streetlight, it might just mean something. I think that kind of cryptic difficultly catches something of what it can be like on first listen.

It's a strange album. The pairing of the whole 'mafioso' thing with those instrumentals. A bunch of guys from Staten Island rapping about selling drugs over beats which sound like they were found in a crate in an Eastern tomb.

craner

Beast of Burden
But that's exactly what's so great about it!

I have to say, I found it immediate. I listened to 'Glacier of Ice' about 10 times straight before I even got to the following tracks.