Only Built 4 Cuban Linx... or Liquid Swords?

• Only Built 4 Cuban Linx...

Votes: 8 42.1%
  • Liquid Swords

Votes: 11 57.9%

• Total voters

version

Yeah. It's bloated, but I can't vote against North Star, Ice Cream and Glaciers of Ice. It also doesn't have the Warhammer thing going on that LS does -- playing chess, reading scrolls, walking with a staff.

version

The bigger question is whether B.I.B.L.E. is enough to make Craner make the wrong decision.

luka

I'm not sure I mind the warhammer thing. Not on that album. I just think it's much more inconsistent in terms of tone and quality. It's got that silly novelty one about record labels for instance. It's got filler. The good bits are as good as music gets though.

4th Chamber is better than Wu Gambinos in a like for like comparison.

luka

Shadowboxing is as good as Method Man has ever been. (Although his verse on Wu Gambinos is equally good.)

DannyL

Wild Horses
I once played a mate of mine BIBLE and he said, yeah, it's great but can you imagine getting into an internet argument with this dude? Made me laugh anyway. I don't think those theories are built for testing.

Obscure nerd request - does anyone have a copy of The Wire Wu Tang primer? I had it bitd and have always wanted to reread it.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I probably prefer the tightly wound, frozen nerdiness of Liquid Swords, but I can't think that I appreciate that quality in much other music.

sadmanbarty

i met ghostface once.

i was on the way to see him perform and about 5 minutes away from the venue across the road from me was this black 4 by 4. a childish part of me said "what if he's in it?" but of course that couldn't have been the case. then i saw these two blokes get out the car and from a distance one looked very much like ghostface. so i crossed the road and low and behold it was actually him. i shook his hand. i can't remember if he asked who i was or if i just offered the information out of nowhere but i introduced myself as "the kid with the fat knob". he looked bewildered, to the point that i wonder if he even realised it was his lyric. after that i got all embarrassed and quickly scurried away.

version

i met ghostface once.

i was on the way to see him perform and about 5 minutes away from the venue across the road from me was this black 4 by 4. a childish part of me said "what if he's in it?" but of course that couldn't have been the case. then i saw these two blokes get out the car and from a distance one looked very much like ghostface. so i crossed the road and low and behold it was actually him. i shook his hand. i can't remember if he asked who i was or if i just offered the information out of nowhere but i introduced myself as "the kid with the fat knob". he looked bewildered, to the point that i wonder if he even realised it was his lyric. after that i got all embarrassed and quickly scurried away.

You introduced yourself as Simon Reynolds?