Saudi Arabia vs Jeff Bezos

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'd thought they'd have a lot in common. Cyberhacking doesn't seem so friendly.

It's the latest in a seemingly endless succession of weird headlines. The world is really an odd place.

Last edited:

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
What would it advise? I mean, Jeff Bezos has clearly come here with the sole purpose to colonise all Earthlings, but the Saudis are really not nice people.

Who opens a WhatsApp video from Mohammad bin Salman tho? I wonder what it was of, a basketball trick shot or something more sinister?

Leo

Bezos gets points for supporting a free press by keeping the Washington Post afloat, as opposed to MBS, who has their reporters hacked up.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
But is he keeping the free press alive so he can someday force it to work in an Amazon warehouse without toilet breaks? I dunno.

But yep, Jeff is unbelievably ahead on basic human rights.

I guess the Saudis get half a point for not going on about how they started their business from a garage.

Leo

Trump would be getting away with a lot more if the Washington Post didn't exist in its current form. Amazon's caused a lot of bad shit but credit where credit is due.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Could be the next scandal, though it would have to wait in line.

Trump v Bezos - another humdinger. Seems as though much recent news has been around conflict between awful people - not just awful in their personhood, but dedicated to inflicting misery on others. eg conflict in the Conservative Party, choosing between wankers and fuckheads. It's what I imagine Game of Thrones to be.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
On 8 November 2018, just one month after the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi, Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest man, received an unsolicited text from Mohammed bin Salman’s WhatsApp account.

According to the UN, the message from the crown prince of Saudi Arabia contained a single photograph that bore a striking similarity to the woman with whom the married billionaire was having a secret affair. It also contained what appeared to be a sardonic message.

It read: “Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software Licence Agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything and click I agree.”

Like a TV script.

luka

There's a sort of Mexican standoff aspect to the world economy isn't there

"Taken as a whole, the dollar-denominated wealth of the Saudi royals is so large that it's sudden withdrawal from the American economy would be devastating to America. And it would entail very serious financial losses for the Saudi investors, who would find themselves with a mountain of dollars whose value they had just decimated."

Leo

There's a sort of Mexican standoff aspect to the world economy isn't there

"Taken as a whole, the dollar-denominated wealth of the Saudi royals is so large that it's sudden withdrawal from the American economy would be devastating to America. And it would entail very serious financial losses for the Saudi investors, who would find themselves with a mountain of dollars whose value they had just decimated."

bitcoin