Thread: Saudi Arabia vs Jeff Bezos

Default Saudi Arabia vs Jeff Bezos

I'd thought they'd have a lot in common. Cyberhacking doesn't seem so friendly.

It's the latest in a seemingly endless succession of weird headlines. The world is really an odd place.
    Last edited by baboon2004; 22-01-2020 at 07:56 PM.

Tough one. Perhaps even tougher than Cuban Linx vs. Liquid Swords. Where's the poll?

I do struggle with this kind of choice, I admit. What kind of psychopath do I prefer.

There's a concept in Cyclonopedia of the 'Axis of Evil-against-Evil'.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

What would it advise? I mean, Jeff Bezos has clearly come here with the sole purpose to colonise all Earthlings, but the Saudis are really not nice people.

Who opens a WhatsApp video from Mohammad bin Salman tho? I wonder what it was of, a basketball trick shot or something more sinister?

Bezos gets points for supporting a free press by keeping the Washington Post afloat, as opposed to MBS, who has their reporters hacked up.

But is he keeping the free press alive so he can someday force it to work in an Amazon warehouse without toilet breaks? I dunno.

But yep, Jeff is unbelievably ahead on basic human rights.

I guess the Saudis get half a point for not going on about how they started their business from a garage.

Trump would be getting away with a lot more if the Washington Post didn't exist in its current form. Amazon's caused a lot of bad shit but credit where credit is due.

What's the betting Trump had a hand in this? Asked for a favour or something. Everyone knows he hates Bezos.

Could be the next scandal, though it would have to wait in line.

Trump v Bezos - another humdinger. Seems as though much recent news has been around conflict between awful people - not just awful in their personhood, but dedicated to inflicting misery on others. eg conflict in the Conservative Party, choosing between wankers and fuckheads. It's what I imagine Game of Thrones to be.

Yeah, that was something I thought people often missed when GoT parallels were all the rage a few years ago. Ultimately you're watching a bunch of elites fighting over who gets to lord it over however many ordinary people are left once they're done.

On 8 November 2018, just one month after the assassination of Jamal Khashoggi, Jeff Bezos, the world’s richest man, received an unsolicited text from Mohammed bin Salman’s WhatsApp account.

According to the UN, the message from the crown prince of Saudi Arabia contained a single photograph that bore a striking similarity to the woman with whom the married billionaire was having a secret affair. It also contained what appeared to be a sardonic message.

It read: “Arguing with a woman is like reading the Software Licence Agreement. In the end you have to ignore everything and click I agree.”

Like a TV script.

13. The Following User Says Thank You to baboon2004 For This Useful Post:

The Crown Prince of Saudi Arabia hitting you up on WhatsApp is bizarre enough to think about as it is.