Can You Feel It vs. The Bells

Can You Feel It vs. The Bells

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

version

Jeff's getting pummelled here. Can You Feel It pulling a Steven Seagal in Under Siege 2.

1:56

Last edited:

version

Jon S
Jon S
9 months ago
I am a fighting legend, and I bet I could hit seagal with a meat cleaver in this situation

Albert Menendez
Albert Menendez
8 months ago
I bet he would make you eat that cleaver

Doorhenge
Doorhenge
6 months ago
He would have a spaz attack and wave his hands around and then fast forward time like at 2:54 - How can you beat that?

Albert Menendez
Albert Menendez
6 months ago
@Doorhenge if you met Seagal in the street and you're with your girlfriend, she would gladly let him fuck her

Albert Menendez
Albert Menendez
6 months ago
Everybody's gangsta till it's time to fight Seagal

Doorhenge
Doorhenge
6 months ago
@Albert Menendez He would fast forward time to get though it.

Albert Menendez
Albert Menendez
6 months ago
@Doorhenge they didn't speed the film in post, he is that fast

Doorhenge
Doorhenge
6 months ago (edited)
@Albert Menendez So you admitting he's fast in bed then. i accept your apology

sadmanbarty

I know all these start with a huge landslide and then the initial loser ends up taking it, but I’ll be amazed if bells gets more than 2 or 3 votes.

Leo

the classic house vs. techno question.

not really the equivalent of the MJ-Prince question, two different dance floor situations, two different types of dancefloor weapons. under the right circumstances, I can see "the bells" driving you out of yr head, mission accomplished. not ethereal like "can you feel it", piledriving.

depends on what yr into, salvation or punishment.

love (and own) both.

mvuent

Void Dweller
the bells makes complete sense aesthetically. it's almost annoyingly transparent in its intentions.

the minimal techno third posts is usually going for something a bit different and obviously less normie friendly.

mvuent

Void Dweller
the classic house vs. techno question.

not really the equivalent of the MJ-Prince question, two different dance floor situations, two different types of dancefloor weapons. under the right circumstances, I can see "the bells" driving you out of yr head, mission accomplished. not ethereal like "can you feel it", piledriving.

depends on what yr into, salvation or punishment.

love (and own) both.

and then maybe you can make further distinctions within each camp.

the bells is about driving you out of your head but it's not "sonic warefare" the way thirdform core often is. it's aiming for lightness. trying to create a frenzy without resorting to violence. as barty suggested it's almost like folk dance music. no scary cacophonous sounds of modernity. no "insane sonics".

this sub-archetype is the most normal form of "uncompromising" techno, which is maybe why i have trouble appreciating it.

version

I've never really gotten Jeff Mills. There's a tune on UR called The Punisher that's a banger, but other than that... The main thing with him is I just find watching him mix impressive.

Last edited:

luka

He's definitely my least favourite of all the big names I don't really get it either.

version

I can't believe you lot talked me into this. What an embarrassing thread. I was doing so well!

sadmanbarty

It was a (my) brilliant idea, poorly executed.

Pitting pure, concentrated lushness against some faux-Chechen novelty track. What did you think was going to happen?

version

I think picking two extremes was a mistake. It works a bit better when they're muscling in on each other's space.

luka

Don't give up on it yet, just needs a techno advocate to come in like Padraig did for prince and make a case

sadmanbarty

any other techno track would have been ok. the bells is just too awful to work. nobody likes comedy music other than frank zappa fans and they technically don't count as proper human.