Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Are you a thrill seeker?

Quote Originally Posted by Corpsey View Post
    Actually I remember where I read that now, it was in a book about the biology of crime. Criminals (particularly violent criminals) have on average lower resting heart rates than the general population. Which I suppose either causes them to seek out the thrilling experience of doing a crime, or makes them better equipped to carry out crimes if they have to.

This covers similar ground:
    https://www.apa.org/monitor/julaug06/frisky
    Corpse loves his phrenology

I am not a thrill seeker, although I sometimes veer wildly into thrill seeking. Not so much these days, but I used to like fighting in school, throwing myself down stairs on a skateboard, doing silly things on and with drugs, throwing aerosol cans in fires and stuff. One of my mates nearly broke his leg after we decided to sledge down the stairs in the house and he got his foot caught in the bannister.

I think when you're a teenager/young adult you're much more likely to be a thrill-seeker whatever your 'base' level turns out to be.

I am not a thrill seeker, although I sometimes veer wildly into thrill seeking
    What? "There was that time I veered wildly into jumping out of a plane."

5. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

I think when you're a teenager/young adult you're much more likely to be a thrill-seeker whatever your 'base' level turns out to be.
    Definitely.

I pretty much always had to get drunk to become a thrill-seeker. It removes that forcefield of anxiety that usually surrounds everything.

i think i'm not much of a thrill seeker anymore. i did do some wild things when i was younger and all just for the sake of fun. shoplifting, burglary, squatting, graffiti, pyromania. it's a wonder i got away with all of it without serious problems. i'm embarrassed by a lot of it now.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to craner For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by craner View Post
    What? "There was that time I veered wildly into jumping out of a plane."
    Well, most of the time I'm cautious, but now and then I get overexcited. It happens more often when I'm drinking.

Ahahahaha

That's two now. "I'm not much of a one for thrill seeking. Sure, I robbed a few banks when I was a lad. But who didn't?"

13. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Corpsey For This Useful Post:

It's like to time Left Eye from TLC tried to downplay incinerating Andre Rison's mansion. "Sure, I set fire to his sneakers, but I didn't mean to burn down the whole damn house."

plus, you know the consequences aren't as bad as when you're an adult. nobody's gonna send you to jail when you're 14.

Yeah, plus physically you're sort of indestructible.

When you get to my age, skateboarding e.g. seems much scarier cos you know if you twist your ankle your leg might fall off.

I stopped skating about two or three years ago because of that. I just didn't want to take the risk of ending up in a cast for months or smacking my head anymore.