the little silver box

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
probably the best track ever of the 90s. italian masterpiece, not your run of the mill boring kickdrum techno for sure, this is a pure sonic opera.

mvuent

Void Dweller
i like the signature sound well enough but value it more for its tactile, morphing qualities. for me it's that approach to making music that acid tracks ushered in that's more important to carry forward, not so much the 303 itself. so newbuild is amazing but once you get to braindance people using it for classical melodies my appreciation fades.

kumar

This is dumb but the image that has always accompanied this stuff is the default animation of eddy from tekken 3 , he was the Brazilian capoeira character, the “tactile morphing qualities” conjures the way he glides and shifts his weight and awkwardly then effortlessly breakdances with his legs round your enemies neck, it’s the analogue to the syrupy glissando effect of the notes of the baseline just hanging over each other

Clearly whoever did the soundtrack (not dillinja this time ) thought the same thing

version

I can throw this on at any point and I'm instantly transported into space/beneath the waves.