the little silver box

sadmanbarty

this is as far as i can tell the very, very beginning of the hardcore continuum. its the point where the uk begins to morph rave music into something distinctly british. the uk's jamaican-derived bass fetish is creeping in here; i don't think you'd get that kind of sub bass in the house or techno of the time.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
this is as far as i can tell the very, very beginning of the hardcore continuum. its the point where the uk begins to morph rave music into something distinctly british. the uk's jamaican-derived bass fetish is creeping in here; i don't think you'd get that kind of sub bass in the house or techno of the time.

yes this is correct. i can't think of any chicago house or techno records that use long sustained basslines during this era. there are bass heavy records but their basslines are much more pingy, as they owe a lot to the disco and electro continuum. More Yazoo than Under me Sleng Teng.

blissblogger

303 in 91

off the Tranztechno EP 1991 - a bit late for acid house, a bit early for trance - ahead of Hardfloor though

303 snakes battle it out with the Mentasm fog