What Does Spiritual Mean?

luka

Craners attitude was very common among boomers, hippy mysticism notwithstanding. For people like my dad, who had freed himself from the oppressive religious bigotry he was brought up with, it's very important to guard against any backsliding.

version

Some of my relatives are very 'spiritual' -- one's a Christian and goes on about Satan and the 'end times', another's a Wiccan and into magick, crystals and whatnot.

luka

But ultimately his attitude was inconsistent, or perhaps it changed over time. He hated words like spiritual and soul. He would react just like Craner. But he was fascinated by The Sufis. He left money to a Sufi organisation in his will.

He also did yoga from the age of 21 till he died though he claimed this had no spiritual dimension whatsoever.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
What is it? What does it do? I'm not opposed to the idea. Perhaps I believe in it too. I can't exactly remember. There's a state specific memory problem with this stuff to a degree.

*runs to the beyond soul thread to check for consistency

Last edited:

luka

Beyond soul is consistent with everything I have said and will go on to say here.

craner

Beast of Burden
But ultimately his attitude was inconsistent, or perhaps it changed over time. He hated words like spiritual and soul. He would react just like Craner. But he was fascinated by The Sufis. He left money to a Sufi organisation in his will.

He also did yoga from the age of 21 till he died though he claimed this had no spiritual dimension whatsoever.

My example is the way I would gravitate to Vespers at Brompton Oratory every Sunday.

luka

Craner, do you think you ever feel funny stuff that someone else, if they experienced it, would designate as 'spiritual'? Or do you think you are just calibrated differently?

luka

Craner, do you think you ever feel funny stuff that someone else, if they experienced it, would designate as 'spiritual'? Or do you think you are just calibrated differently?

Post above hints at an answer I guess

luka

Has Craner ever done shrooms/acid/DMT etc?

He has done mushrooms, apparently. Said he giggled a lot. I've tried to give him DMT. Refused. Our mate Jim smoked some DMT in Craners bedroom once. Once he was under the influence he started rifling through all Craner's things, going in his underwear drawer, getting all his papers out. He had no memory of doing it.

craner

Beast of Burden

You forget that I have powerful psychic powers, I just don’t exploit them.

version

I didn't take drugs in an environment or mindset that would allow for it. It was mostly chaos, hedonism and just hanging out with mates when I was doing that stuff.

DannyL

Wild Horses
I have another tab open in my mate Al's course in Geomancy, which he's just sent me. Really looking forwards to it. I'm so more far gone than any of you fucks.

luka

That's the only time I can remember getting a 'I think Danny's had a beer' vibe off of one of his posts

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
It's funny that - how some people take acid and it's just (at best) funny and visually stimulating for them, it doesn't have this deeper resonance that terribly special people like me get from it.