Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
But it's more like "ok we BOTH need to put our bollocks in a meat grinder unless we get [something tedious about fish]". The issue isn't planes - it's planes being used a ransom for something else.

Probably.
Who is "both", though? You mean us and the EU, or Leavers and Remainers?

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'm just coming with the radical solution that we'd all be better off if the bollock-grinder solution wasn't necessary and I'm still rather peeved at those who brought it about.

IdleRich

IdleRich
To be honest I might have been a bit the worse for wear when I came up with the bollock-grinder concept - or applied it to this thread or whatevr.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Uk govt and the EU. Nobody else is in the room rn.
I don't really see it, tbh. Maybe one side threatening to put their bollocks in a meat grinder and the other saying they'll give themselves a Chinese burn, or something? I mean yes, a no-deal Brexit will hurt the UK's trading partners, but it will hurt the UK far more.

IdleRich

IdleRich
The Lords have voted by a massive majority against the law-breaking amendments to the WA... so it goes back to the hose of commons. Now normally the commons win these kinds of tussles where something goes back and forth (and they can use the Parliament Act to force through anything eventually but there are conditions attached) but from what I'm reading, as this is not a manifesto commitment (in fact you could view at as an attack on one of their manifesto commitments) then the Lords can keep sending it back and the government can't use the parliament act for twelve months - by which time it's gonna be too late. Hmmm. Looks like good news on the face of it.

IdleRich

IdleRich
So this looks like more bad news for everyone.
VatStuff.jpg
William Shatner is not happy about it anyway.
UK folks; looks like your government is wanting to force vendors outside of your country to collect VAT on orders being shipped to the UK staring 1 Jan. I had my staff investigate costs & it’s over £1000/yr just to file these forms via a service. That’s too much for a small store
It has to be said that one group pretty much no-one thought about when we rushed into this madness is Star Trek fans.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yes. But joking aside, this is terrible isn't it? Companies selling into the UK have to add VAT on and they are gonna either simply stop selling or pass the cost on to the customer. Shatner's feed is full of gammon telling him he's a Remainiac but... it's just the reality.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
You see this all the time. Rishi Sunak could be reported on the BBC saying "Beer will double in price as of tomorrow, because of Brexit", and David Schneider or someone like that tweets a link saying "This seems kind of bad. Is this what Leavers wanted all along?", and it brings out this tidal wave of gammon hurling abuse at him, calling him a Remoaner crybaby or whatever, when he hasn't even said "I don't like Brexit because..." but has simply shared a link to a factual statement being made by the Chancellor of the very government that has brought about this situation.

Same when Femi Oluwole says stuff like that, but with depressingly predictable added racism.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Been reading more about this VAT thing... in a nutshell I think it can be summarised as; thank fuck I moved out of the UK.
Or slightly longer version
Which is why a few businesses have already said they won't be selling to the UK from Jan 1st.
The UK is simply too small a market to make the admin overheads worthwhile. Esp when there's a market nearly 7 times the size right next door, that have made it simpler. It's a stark and brutal display of why being in a Union is so much better.

IdleRich

IdleRich
World's largest exporters over the last 34 years... seems the UK fell quite sharply from around 2017 for some reason....