Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps

Huh, maybe, but I'm sure we've all seen the stories about the retired gammonoids in the Costa del Sol who voted Leave and are now fretting about whether they'll have to move back to the UK. As you say, increasingly hard to distinguish satire from reality.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If that's the case then everyone has to withdraw their support from the system. The Labour Party needs to refuse to participate in elections. We need to stop voting. That is the only solution.

Not sure why you think this would lead to any result except the country becoming a one-party state. How is it supposed to work?

IdleRich

IdleRich
They don't need legitimacy. People don't care about legitimacy.
Yeah of course. I mean I assume they're joking here but... that's why I mentioned Austin Powers, you know that bit when he's playing 21 and the bad guy twists with 19 saying he likes to live dangerously and then AP gets dealt 7 or something and sticks cos "I too like to live dangerously" and you wonder if he has some sort of plan or something but the dealer just gets 14 or whatever and says "You lose". That's what not taking part would be like - on the face of it it seems really stupid, but no-one is that dumb, they must have another plan... no they were just really stupid and completely gave one hundred percent control to the Tories.

Last edited:

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
If you want to go down the route of mass civil disobedience then there might be some result from a large fraction of the population just going on strike indefinitely or blockading all the motorways and major train lines, something like that. But if Labour voters and whoever else hates the Tories just didn't vote, but Tory voters carried on as normal... OK, humour me, what's the missing link between this and some great progressive revolution?

luka

Well we have decided as a forum to pursue this action so you will find out won't you

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Ah, so it's all part of your plan to install yourself as Supreme Eternal Psychedelic Godstar Overlord! I should have known, really.

yyaldrin

in je ogen waait de wind
not voting and also not accepting the results of the election, just pretend as if there is no election.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
OK, so suppose I say "I do not accept the result of this election" - or suppose a million people do that, or ten million. What then? The government isn't going to roll over and say "OK, you got us, we give up".

luka

OK, so suppose I say "I do not accept the result of this election" - or suppose a million people do that, or ten million. What then? The government isn't going to roll over and say "OK, you got us, we give up".

But how do you govern when the country withdraws its support. You underestimate the beauty of this idea I just had which will transform world politics

IdleRich

IdleRich
Be one of those guys still insisting on pounds shillings and pence up to the 90s... or those Japanese soldiers fighting WWII for thirty extra years. Always intrigues me that, why did they find it so weird that a war should end in a few years, was that the rule? Like Cervantes when he wrote Don Quixote... how long should a novel be? No-one has done it before but 2,000 pages seems reasonable.