• Keep it

Votes: 5 33.3%
  • Tinker with it

Votes: 5 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

IdleRich

IdleRich
I'd assumed anyone electing to scrap it would have a preferred alternative in mind.
I misunderstood the question... I thought it was scrap it and then roll the dice, could be erotic wonderland, could be nightmarish Soylent Green dystopia mixed with a feudal state. I probably should have clarified that before I spent three days umming and ahhing and then picked the wrong option.

IdleRich

IdleRich
But hang on... if you can pick anything to replace it, then it would be insane not to vote for that option, that response is a cop out. I want to replace capitalism with a system in which the world is ruled with a an iron fist by a (fairly benevolent but capricious) dictator who has absolute sway over everything and everyone and who is worshiped as a divine being. And the Dear Leader God Emperor is... yep, me.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Fair enough. To be honest the above scenario would be a terrible nightmare. We have had a discussion before about Capitalism alternatives before... I'm not confident that I know a good one that WOULD work. So yeah I stick with my tinkerer answer. I mean in theory enough tinkering could lead to a new system no? Or is rupture demanded to bury capitalism once and for all?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Actually to elaborate on that. Most anti-capitalists demand this massive rupture, that capitalism must be not just removed but utterly defeated... killed dead, buried and salt sown into the ground so it never grows again. And I understand that capitalism is extraordinarily adaptable and resilient and great at absorbing everything and reverting to the norm... but I think it is at least conceivably feasible that bit by bit change can lead to it becoming something else. In general some systems can change bit by bit in that way (ummm examples?) can't they?
This feels like the old dissensus. I'm waiting for a screeched denial HMLT about why C is the ultimate evil and just by writing the above I'm demonstrating how brainwashed, disavowed and so on I am.

luka

It's a great beat. When it first came out Alchemist was on Twitter saying how amazing it was. The Hook is undercooked though. He hasn't nailed that.

IdleRich

IdleRich
He was a very aggressive but knowledgeable poster whose bugbear was that Capitalism was absolutely and undeniably the root of all evil... that was his base axiom and everything else was argued through that prism. But at that point all threads were like this one... in broad subject matter at least, much more competitive and vicious though.

luka

His first name was Padraig. He got banned and sneaked back in as hundred million

luka

Me and Craner used to bait him for entertainment. We knew he had mental problems and thus made a good target for goading and bullying. Vulnerable. It didn't take much to make him lose it.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
He was a very aggressive but knowledgeable poster whose bugbear was that Capitalism was absolutely and undeniably the root of all evil... that was his base axiom and everything else was argued through that prism.

Pretty rock-solid argument when you consider that everyone in the world was lovely to each other prior to 1600.