Page 114 of 128 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,696 to 1,710 of 1909

Thread: Wuhan Killer Sneeze (thanks Tea)

  1. #1696
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Location
    Kingston
    Posts
    1,677

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Fucking hell the New Yorker is so twee every article starts like this

    I woke up to a sweltering morning—the black kites outside my hotel room were circling upward, lifted by the warming currents of air—and I went to visit a shrine to the goddess Shitala
    I too hate that homespun American style, it's the worst. Worse than Coronavirus.

  2. The Following User Says Thank You to HMGovt For This Useful Post:


  3. #1697
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    30,903

    Default

    Every article starts out like a 14 year olds creative writing homework. Some hot housed brat from a 'gifted' school

  4. #1698
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    30,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by HMGovt View Post
    I too hate that homespun American style, it's the worst. Worse than Coronavirus.
    Way worse. But I'll read the article. Bear with me.

  5. #1699
    Join Date
    Jan 2014
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    I've got to about halfway before coming back here. I got lost when he starts explaining the three important questions, I started to think they are not that important

  6. #1700
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    30,903

    Default

    I can hear loads of clapping and whoopping outside

  7. #1701
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    30,903

    Default

    Was that for hospital staff? How can they hear it if they're at the hospital?

  8. #1702
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Fucking hell the New Yorker is so twee every article starts like this

    I woke up to a sweltering morning—the black kites outside my hotel room were circling upward, lifted by the warming currents of air—and I went to visit a shrine to the goddess Shitala
    Hahaha, I thought you were just ad-libbing to take the piss and then I clicked the link and realised you'd literally quoted it.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

  9. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Mr. Tea For This Useful Post:


  10. #1703
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Posts
    19,102

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by luka View Post
    Was that for hospital staff? How can they hear it if they're at the hospital?
    I think the main purpose is to make the clappers feel better, as opposed to the clap-ees.

    But a lot of people are desperate and miserable so I'm not going to be judgemental.
    Quote Originally Posted by woops
    i hate sigs

  11. #1704
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,795

    Default

    It's not just hospital staff though is it? It's anyone doing a job deemed essential and who is potentially risking their safety. Presumably some of them will be in places where they can hear it.

  12. #1705
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    30,903

    Default

    Dunno. Not knocking it. Just heard it out the window and wondered

  13. #1706
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,200

    Default

    ...and, the S&P 500 has it's best three-day run since 1933.

    what world are they living in?

  14. #1707
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,795

    Default

    Well there was the two trillion dollar stimulus which I supposed to make that happen. I assume it will be overwhelmed and the line will turn back down soon enough though.

  15. #1708
    Join Date
    Oct 2004
    Posts
    30,903

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by IdleRich View Post
    Well there was the two trillion dollar stimulus which I supposed to make that happen. I assume it will be overwhelmed and the line will turn back down soon enough though.
    Reminder that Rich made enough as a trader to retire in his 20s and go and live on the Algarve with his cats

  16. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:


  17. #1709
    Join Date
    Nov 2005
    Posts
    5,200

    Default

    please share some stock tips, rich. now's the time.

  18. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Leo For This Useful Post:


  19. #1710
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    10,795

    Default

    Sell everything short and buy it back in a few months if there is still a stock market.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •