Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Wuhan Killer Sneeze (thanks Tea)

Canary Wharf offices in lockdown after worker suffers coronavirus symptoms

Hundreds of staff were sent home after an office at Londonís Canary Wharf was locked down over coronavirus fears.

Energy firm Chevron asked about 300 British employees to temporarily work remotely after a member of staff reported flu symptoms on their return from a country infected by the deadly bug.

They were sent for testing and the company told staff not to return until the results came back.
    Quote Originally Posted by droid View Post
    my truffles are pristine

Surely sending them all home is a greater risk than keeping them all locked in? Now hundreds of potentially infected people have all gone on the tube etc to get home...
    my truffles are pristine

It's getting grim out there.
    my truffles are pristine

doesn't sound good!

I have to go to an annual international work thing for a few weeks in mid-march, a couple of hundred attendees. they've already disinvited people from mainland china, HK, Singapore and Japan. Italy was added to the list yesterday. now I wonder if the meeting will happen at all. even if a country isn't yet infected, people might want to stay home as a precaution.

if you don't see posts from me after march 26, I've been corona-ed.

i don't understand this thing at all. every "expert" keeps saying this virus is as dangerous as seasonal flu, with comparable mortality and infection rates. but then if that is the case why all these drastic measures such as putting entire cities in quarantaine? doesn't that goes against the governments main motivation: economic growth?

7. The Following User Says Thank You to yyaldrin For This Useful Post:

Znore from grapejuice tells me that every school in Japan will be closed till April (at least)

"This is all some weird archetypal extension of the collective nervous breakdown you were noting a while back"

Quote Originally Posted by yyaldrin View Post
    i don't understand this thing at all. every "expert" keeps saying this virus is as dangerous as seasonal flu, with comparable mortality and infection rates. but then if that is the case why all these drastic measures such as putting entire cities in quarantaine? doesn't that goes against the governments main motivation: economic growth?
    Not all experts: some are speculating that this could be Disease X, aren't they? I think it's all about the relative mortality rate, which is higher than regular flu; also that it has spread from animals and so is an unknown quantity. https://www.nytimes.com/2020/02/27/o...pandemics.html

Funny I've seen few mentions of swine flu, which seems to be the most recent pandemic - maybe because mortality rates with that were comparatively so low though.

A woman in Japan apparently tested positive for the virus weeks after having been cleared, so there's concern it can reactivate.
    my truffles are pristine

I just got my first flash of paranoia today. I was in Canary Wharf in the underground shopping centre at lunchtime loads of people no air and I saw someone in a mask and remembered this and thought what the fuck am I doing I don't need to be in here I must be mad

12. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to luka For This Useful Post:

my son sent me this - i kind of love how it wraps up so many conspiracies in one place.

https://monitoring.bbc.co.uk/product/c201hmp9