Status
Not open for further replies.

luka

The only podcast I've ever listened to or linked too. The higher sides chats or something it was called. With rune soup and secret sun. It was moronic but they talked about the virus hoax being cover for id2020

IdleRich

IdleRich
Entrance upon production of valid antibody test. Soon the corona recipients and the vaccinated will have the only freedom and the anti-vaxxers will look at them as heathens. There will be a real paranoid underbelly about all this when we start to surface again.
I'm imagining a kind of two-tier thing; super expensive elite ones where you get tested on the door, waited on by sexy models in skintight rubber with medical masks, place hosed down and disinfected after every event... the ones for everyone else where you just go in an isolated bar or pub with the lights low and take your chances, or even in some enterprising person's house, charging a few quid to get in and a fiver for a can. Will probably have a kind of underground and subversive spirit to them with people ignoring the fact they're just being selfish pricks endangering everyone.

luka

What I want to achieve is take your time and do it properly. What I'm scared of is this ending before I make much progress.

DannyL

Wild Horses
The only podcast I've ever listened to or linked too. The higher sides chats or something it was called. With rune soup and secret sun. It was moronic but they talked about the virus hoax being cover for id2020

That's actually made some occultists shit the bed a bit. It's alright if you conspiracize about something doesn't affect people (i.e. Syria - I mean Westerners obvs) but they're starting to peddle the same bullshit about shit that affects people's friends and families - there's been some annoyance about it, anyway. Occultists having a rare critical moment.

Hope you're feeling better soon john. I woke up two sundays back feeling hot, couldn't tell if it was anxiety or fever and couldn't get a thermometer anywhere. The next day i'd a sore throat and swollen lymph node which lasted a few days. A few days later people I was drinking with on the friday had fever and coughs, some no taste and smell. Possible I had it but can't say...

IdleRich

IdleRich
Fingers crossed it's nothing serious. It's weird, in Feb Liza had a tough dry cough and felt quite ill for a few days, she also lost her sense of taste (which is related to smell I understand?)... I thought she was malingering to be honest but now...

john eden

male pale and stale
Oh, doesn't sound good, can you get a test?

Nah. Just locking myself away here but we have enough food and everything.

I think just frontline NHS staff and people who have it really bad are being tested at the moment.

Like Shiels I’m gonna assume this is it but it would be good to know for sure at some point, especially if this does go on until Christmas.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yes for sure. I really am getting mixed messages about the availability of the tests... maybe it's just a problem with my being far away (my understanding, not the availability itsefl). Also, I'm still not sure about the chance of re-infection ie whether or not having it once (and hopefully mildly) does or doesn't provide immunity. I get the impression that no-one really knows for certain but it's at least plausible in which case knowing for sure that you have once had it mildly would provide a modicum of relief I'd say.

Last edited:

Leo

today's very dim ray of hope/slightly less grim news: Restrictions Are Slowing Coronavirus Infections, New Data Suggest

Harsh measures, including stay-at-home orders and restaurant closures, are contributing to rapid drops in the numbers of fevers — a signal symptom of most coronavirus infections — recorded in states across the country, according to intriguing new data produced by a medical technology firm.

At least 248 million Americans in at least 29 states have been told to stay at home. It had seemed nearly impossible for public health officials to know how effective this measure and others have been in slowing the coronavirus.

But the new data offer evidence, in real time, that tight social-distancing restrictions may be working, potentially reducing hospital overcrowding and lowering death rates, experts said.

The company, Kinsa Health, which produces internet-connected thermometers, first created a national map of fever levels on March 22 and was able to spot the trend within a day. Since then, data from the health departments of New York State and Washington State have buttressed the finding, making it clear that social distancing is saving lives.

droid

That's shit though. Look after yourself John. I think it will take more than this to topple you but dont take any chances.

john eden

male pale and stale
That's shit though. Look after yourself John. I think it will take more than this to topple you but dont take any chances.

Thanks Droid.

I am being forced to take it easy in a mildly patronising way which is probably for the best. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.