Status
Not open for further replies.

IdleRich

IdleRich
one of the highest growth rates of any country, possibly only Spain is higher today
And Spain has declared a national state of emergency... mind you rumours that US are about to do the same. Also apparently a lot of officials concerned about how many potentially contagious people Trump has exposed himself to (er you know what I mean).

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
Yeah, at least Spain is doing something. Presumably Portugal will follow as the increase is 30% today, albeit from a low base?

IdleRich

IdleRich
Surely we'll have to... Sevilla is just over the border and Madrid is only a six hour drive.
ps Bolsanaro I trust to tell the truth only slightly more than Trump so who knows?

IdleRich

IdleRich
UK aint gonna change course in a hurry cos they care more about looking strong and decisive than doing the right thing. Probably Cummings loves this kind of 'disruption' and is wanking himself raw repeatedly whispering a sexy manta of 'move fast and break things'.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Also apparently a lot of officials concerned about how many potentially contagious people Trump has exposed himself to (er you know what I mean).

Would be pretty funny if Trump came down with it, germophobe that he is.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
"School closures could wipe 3% from UK GDP"

Government strategy could wipe 1% from UK population. FOR FUCK'S SAKES

Leo

it was a Bolsonaro aide who tested positive. the same one who sat at the dinner table with trump, shook his hand, etc. (https://nymag.com/intelligencer/2020/03/bolsonaro-coronavirus-test-positive-trump-quaruntine.html).

in addition, Ivanka Trump and William Barr hung out last week with an Australian official who has since tested positive: https://www.cnn.com/2020/03/13/poli...arr-australia-minister-coronavirus/index.html

imagine if this is what takes them, or some of them, down? I'll bet trump's attitude would change pretty quickly if Ivanka comes down with it.

constant escape

winter withered, warm
Question to all:

Seeing as I'll have some time on my hands, I could make a thread that compiles the central questions we've been asking, as well as whatever opinions/input from experts, officials, etc. We would then just add information to it as this all progresses, by means of perpetually revising the original post of the thread, so as to refine a sort of dissensus hub for all things coronavirus.

Would this be of use to anyone? Would it warrant its own thread?

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
I'd totally missed that the UK is stopping tests in the community, and only people with serious breathing problems who are already in hospital will be tested. I'll wake up in a minute. Genuine insanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.