The Architects

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I guess a lot of these figures are subversive, too, actively attacking conventions and (I assume their fans would say) "remaking reality".

Ballard is another one.

kumar

as far as drawing together disparate interests hakim bey is a curious one because of how certain fans who appreciate the anarchism or comparative mythology resort to various intellectual gymnastics to account for the pederastry.

craner

Beast of Burden
Yeah. I think with him, maybe you could separate the noncing from the ideas, if he didn't actually use the ideas to justify the noncing.

kumar

on the one hand you could say it very selflessly provokes you into questioning everything he says thus reaching an autonomous conclusion via your own critical capacities, but on the other hand he seems like a nonce

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
There does, unfortunately, seem to be a minor tradition of gay male counterculture figures whose taste in the same sex has tended towards the very young. Ginsberg is probably the most well-known example; Burroughs is perhaps a marginal case; then there's Sleazy from Throbbing Gristle.

I remember mistersloane saying on here a while ago that some people (can't remember whether he included himself) think Wilson/Bey is a CIA plant intended to discredit counterculture in general by association.

catalog

The iain sinclair book that was reissued recently, that i keep going on about, includes quite a lot about ginsberg being a bit wrong.

catalog

Iowa writers workshop and paris review were both funded by cia, operation mockingbird, to promote americanness

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Did sleazy like boys?

I thought he said anything sexually was fair game except minors?

I dunno, I might be extrapolating here a bit but I heard about an interview with Cosey after Sleazy died and the question of the contents of his private laptop came up, and apparently she mimed licking her fingertip, touching a hot surface and going 'tsssss'. Plus the whole "well-off middle-aged bloke moves to Thailand" thing is kind of suggestive in itself.

It's hardly conclusive and it's probably not fair to bracket him with outright nonces like Ginsberg and Wilson, granted.

Talking of TG, Genesis P is probably a good nomination for this thread.