luka

New York voices have changed as much as London voices over the last 20 years. It's a completely new accent.

luka

I'm convinced young people look much younger than young people used to. Nas and Rakim were probably younger than this lot when they came out but looked older.

luka

You don't get this in mainland Europe where all the rappers have huge tattooed prison hulk bodies.

luka

Do loads of press ups and chin ups in their videos. Tote huge machine guns in one hand like Arnie in commando

sadmanbarty

"And believe me:
I know very well I could get shot, stabbed or fucked up too, whatever
— I ain't "Super n****" /, I'm a little skinny motherfucka
It's all about who gets who first, though
You know what I'm sayin?"

luka

Best skits of any record? crazy space shit that don't even make no sense. Cuban linx is up there too

forclosure

Its not a surprise to me cause i think back to grime once you got around to the Axe FM set and lower it was mostly secondary school youts some of them man who were doing radio sets were still in school at the time

If theres anything that separates drill from even road rap is the fact that it looks to be filled entirely with youngers with the oldest people maybe being in their mid late 20s, Stickz i suppose fills that thing of being young but looks old cause he looks like one of my older cousins friends they used to kick ball with

But its probably cause they have that weary detached voices of guys who sound like theyve been at it for 30 years like factory workers resgined to the fact their gonna die in the same no hope provincial town they were born into

forclosure

Aint no Marcus Nasty types cause at least back then you could say the gang shit was anciliary it was there and you could follow through and be all into it but thats only if you wanted to, instead at least going by what they want to present everything is just one to one if youre not incriminating yourself the spectres that seem to spend all day "chattin shit on the net" wont believe you

i think one of the first DJ Vlad videos i saw he was interviewing CNN and Tragedy and NORE said when he started as a rapper he didnt know about using his imagination it was just you did something and you rap about it think about that alot now

sadmanbarty

not happy at all with americans saying "bun" and "paigon". gives me the creeps.

it's like a british person going "duuuuude! that's awesome bro!!"