sufi

lala
I could do with a hand tbh if anyone fancies an afternoon of cultivation in n13
bring wellies
or more likely in fact an afternoon of loafing about talking bollocks around a shed and getting muddy, maybe a small fire

luka

I am very, very loyal to this forum. Like, if one of those ILM wankers attacked one of our lot, I’d be right there in our corner, even if they were after Mr. Tea.

Your our champion. That's why you are hero worshiped by all of us. Unconditional love.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Are there examples of artists who were really great until they disastrously became very happy? Or conversely were shite and then lost their legs and became a genius?

(We've maybe covered this already so ignore me if so)

version

I dunno about that, but you get people whose work's rooted in being unsuccessful who don't really know where to go once it happens for them.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I remember in Penman's Prince essay someone saying he got everything he ever dreamed of and it ruined his life.

*Not that that was happiness!

IdleRich

IdleRich
Yeah easy to say "get in your garden" but I don't know anyone who has one to get in.
Allotments seem to be big here.... although you can't really call them allotments, as I suppose that implies you were allotted it by someone or something; as far as I can tell if there is an empty bit of land then people just put crappy fences made of old bits of plastic around it and take it. Kinda like a claim in the old west. Once they've got the bit of the land they tend to strew it with rubbish, leave a dog tied up howling mournfully all day and all night... and possibly plant a couple of potatoes.
Sometimes they build houses, there is a bit on the edge of Lisbon which is a kind of illegal semi-shanty town.

sufi

lala
Yeah easy to say "get in your garden" but I don't know anyone who has one to get in.
Allotments seem to be big here.... although you can't really call them allotments, as I suppose that implies you were allotted it by someone or something; as far as I can tell if there is an empty bit of land then people just put crappy fences made of old bits of plastic around it and take it. Kinda like a claim in the old west. Once they've got the bit of the land they tend to strew it with rubbish, leave a dog tied up howling mournfully all day and all night... and possibly plant a couple of potatoes.
Sometimes they build houses, there is a bit on the edge of Lisbon which is a kind of illegal semi-shanty town.
i was at an adopted site like that in valencia, which a collective had nicified and ended up fighting the municipia who of course realised they wanted it after all

i somehow lucked out with the only allotment i ever heard of in london without a waiting list, opposite my home. it's much as you describe though, mostly overgrown with brambles and bush, plastic flapping gaily in the breeze, rarely anyone about, not much veg at all, dilapidated plots and derelict outbuildings, the whole site neglected and desolate :D thank goodness, communal horticulture is the way to get at the space, but a properly run site would be less 🔥

droid

I have a kilo of wildflower seeds here, soon to be nocturnally dispersed on the local greens and verges.

craner

Beast of Burden
I venture there's a direct correlation between the number of exotic holidays you go on a year and how lax your musical standards are.

I've been pondering this and I think there is something very important in it. I dunno what, though.

kevinoak

Happiness arises in the absence of suffering etc, and suffering is a consequence of attachment. Boring, interesting, whatever, if you are free to enjoy what you have and who you are, happiness comes to you. I'm communicating with totally happy people online and they really are very calm

Happy boring people are probably, if you dig deep enough, either not boring or not happy, though, I suspect.

Last edited: