luka

I dunno why you limit these to mvuents. I want to know what droid thinks for example

luka

Granted he's very good at it and equally important he plays along

I think you need a mate that does everything you suggest. Whatever whim you have they go along with it. Why not they think. Nothing better to do. Everyone needs that mate.

sadmanbarty

I dunno why you limit these to mvuents. I want to know what droid thinks for example

Of course it’s supposed to be for everyone. Mvuent does his take on a track and then we all join in with ours (he invited us to do so on the 2step thread).

But firstly Mvuent very good at it, secondly it’s foreign to him so he’s got a good perspective and thirdly not many users would bother if I ask them to do something.

sadmanbarty

I fucking love doing these. I’ve done the sex one, the techno one, the drill top 20, the post grime London one. More than happy for people to throw these things myvway

luka

I fucking love doing these. I’ve done the sex one, the techno one, the drill top 20, the post grime London one. More than happy for people to throw these things myvway

You're not as open minded as mvuent though. You'll say it all sounds like a slug having salt thrown on it. Whatever it is. Belittle it. Sistine chapel, load of shit.

luka

There's a bit where he goes mrrrh and it's like it's someone's hand being run over a keyboard. It happens twice in quick succession its very good. I dunno how they do it. Technology.

sadmanbarty

Bounty killer says that it’s ok for the kids to do there own thing, but don’t call it dancehall. He says it’s something different

luka

Bounty killer says that it’s ok for the kids to do there own thing, but don’t call it dancehall. He says it’s something different

Funny is t it cos from this perspective the voice and it's rhythms are so distinctive and inimitable it will always be dancehall, or always be Jamacia at any rate.

luka

A huge part of the deal is the voice and what it can do. How it drapes itself over things. How it hiccups and pauses and elongates itself like silly putty. 90% is literally a Jamaican voice imo

luka

It's a completely unique quality. 3 million people and you can't get that from anywhere else on the earth. It's that people. That island. That set of historical contingencies