The great unwashed / popular taste

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
you're from the home counties though. it's a london thing.

This is true. Way too white. It all sounds like Shaggy to me mate.

I mean I definitely prefer a song if the lyrics are good but the idea that a song can't be good cos the lyrics are trite is totally bizarre.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
where is muvent's hungarian shit? is 2020 the pan-turanist age of dissensus or. maybe musical nationalism is the way to immunise you against the decadence of hipster justin beiber appraisal..

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I am interested in droid doing a dancehall thread cos I am a total ignoramus dancehall wise and I am too lazy to do the mental legwork involved in working it all out.

I went to a few dancehall nights in my time and they were so much fun and madness it made every other type of club night I've been to look pretty dry.

droid

Im snookered until the summer unfortunately. Martin could do a great ragga thread, or John Eden, plenty of knowledge here.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
clubbing is cancelled in third land. it's expropriating your grandparents mansion, getting a funktion 1 and giving everyone a 10 strip of lsd. and playing the best music for 72 hours. most djs i have seen from every genre, in every scene, have been disappointing whenever i have seen them out.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
I don't really like it anymore tbf

I had a lot more naivety and recklessness re pills ten years ago. My heyday for clubbing was actually more like 15 years ago.

Also now with phones and the smoking ban j don't think you get the same sense of entering a magic cave. Best states for me were when I'd be walking around with my pupils the size of coal lumps not knowing where anyone was and where I was either.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
who cares about all of that shit. if the dj/selector is good no pills are needed. most of them just aren't. biggest con trick.

at least in the acid house/hardcore/hard techno era the music was designed to get even more menacing and deranged on E's. like buzzing in a swarm of cyclones. in that sense there was a consciousness expanding element. today E is the tony blair of psychedelics.

shakahislop

I've been cycling around recently blaring out a spotify playlist called ambient jungle by @craner which, I'm sorry craner, I hope you don't find it very weird that I clicked on your spotify profile when you put @DannyL's top 100 into a playlist, is perfect for banging around town, always sounds good, feels good and cool to play in public, no cringe and good to ride to, it feels like you're in a computer game. Another cyclist pulled up next to me last night to ask what it was he liked it that much, specifically this one, he wanted to Shazam it