poetix

we murder to dissect
Well it's good to know that barty has an independent existence after all. Perhaps I'll get to meet him one day. That would be nice.

version

It's interesting how these characters become lovable over time. Freddy, Jason, Pinhead. People start to root for them.

poetix

we murder to dissect
They gradually get turned into moral agents. Even Freddie has a code, by the end. He's a perhaps overly-harsh punisher of society's transgressions, but like shock-headed Peter he's really just there to scare us into being good.

IdleRich

IdleRich
This what it says on wikipedia

Pinhead is a fictional character and the main antagonist of the Hellraiser franchise, first appearing as an unnamed figure in the Clive Barker novella The Hellbound Heart. The name "Pinhead" is derived from a sobriquet given to him by the crew of the first Hellraiser film; he is first credited as such in Hellbound: Hellraiser II. Nearly thirty years after The Hellbound Heart was published, the character was given the designations the Hell Priest and the Cold Man in the sequels that followed, The Scarlet Gospels and Hellraiser: The Toll.

poetix

we murder to dissect
Ah, cool. I will have to read them. I find the longer Barker books a bit wearying, but something about the Hellraiser-verse really seems to get his juices flowing.

IdleRich

IdleRich
Seems he only wrote them recently so not a surprise that you might have missed them... wonder if that will be apparent in the writing.

luka

What I meant to say is poetix the usual procedure is you come round here and we drink 20 beers and a bottle or two of whisky and you're always welcome any day of the week. You decide when you need to let off some steam, and that's the day you'll come and visit. We both find you intriguing as a genuine ' clever man' I'd go as far as to say you're the only true 'clever man' I've ever encountered in the wild.

luka

I've 'known' him for a very long time. He wrote a letter to try and get me published which was the best piece of criticism I've ever had. He really got it. And from that time I've considered him an ally. And subsequently I've found he comes to the same conclusions I've come to by a more circuitous route. So I trust his method. I'm very fond of him

luka

I don't think he would want to be publicly associated with me... But he's an ally. I'm very much a fan. Love him.

version

The point where sensory input becomes so intense it's impossible to distinguish pleasure from pain is an intriguing one. I'm assuming Barker has some sort of BDSM background. One of my mates in school once asked us what our favourite kind of pain was, his was plunging his hands into almost boiling water. It was quiet for a bit then we all laughed at him and it became a running joke.