john eden

male pale and stale
Barker has had a mostly terrible cinema run, and is pretty overrated in the annals of horror, but there is some really great stuff in the books of blood. "Down, Satan!" has always stuck with me.

I remember liking the books of blood too. Read him because of the Coil connection. Apparently some of their fetish mags were partly the inspiration for Hellraiser.

john eden

male pale and stale
I saw the third Hellraiser at the cinema when it came out. Really not great. Wouldn’t mind seeing the first two again though.

version

My mate Gav, when I first played him jungle his route into it was from the film samples, all of which he recognized. When he was a kid, his Dad opened up a video shop opposite Brecon Cathedral, much to the irritation of the Bishop. Like all children of video shop owners in the UK in the 80s and early 90s, this meant that he had seen every single gory horror and action film by the age of 10. Films like Nightbreed, Hellraiser, The Howling, Evil Dead, etc., I only ever heard about them because of him because he used to talk about them incessantly in school. I hate all these movies.
Badger Gav!

IdleRich

IdleRich
I watched a film based on a Clive Barker thing the other day... it had Anna Friel in it but basically it was poor. A couple of good scenes but they were actually mire effective in the trailer without the context of the shit film around it dragging it down.

version

42162168_318526742307113_5757178251443861375_n.jpg

Hellraiser is funny because I feel like it really sticks out in some ways from other horror, but at the same time the actual movies are not that interesting. Like the designs of the cenobites and the original concept by Barker of them being obsessed with sensation are too good for the franchise they're apart of.

IdleRich

IdleRich
I watched a film based on a Clive Barker thing the other day... it had Anna Friel in it but basically it was poor. A couple of good scenes but they were actually mire effective in the trailer without the context of the shit film around it dragging it down.
It was called Books of Blood I recall... the other day there was another film on that was also adapted from Books of Blood I think - I assume it's a collection of short stories?
So... Midnight Meat Train, Vinnie Jones* plays a butcher who travels on the last train of the New York subway every night where he kills and, er, butchers any stragglers he finds so.... well, I won't give that away, the point is, in some ways it's not a bad idea but it falls apart when you start to think about it too much. It basically feels like a short story which has been stretched too far into a feature film that it simply can't support. Bradley Cooper's slow descent into madness as a photographer who becomes obsessed with the murders also happens way too fast to be satisfying.

*classic example of my scatterbrain in full effect, I had just been reading a news story elsewhere about PSG and when I had to write the name of a footballer above I originally said that the late night murderer was Lionel Messi

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
Does anyone on here enjoy pain?

There must be a sub/dom among us.

I don't think I enjoy pain. I do relish the ache after a workout (cos it feels like an achievement). Perhaps I do enjoy it a little.

Also I get hard whenever I kick a pedestrian in the shins. Is that normal?

craner

Beast of Burden
Does anyone on here enjoy pain?

There must be a sub/dom among us.

I don't think I enjoy pain. I do relish the ache after a workout (cos it feels like an achievement). Perhaps I do enjoy it a little.

Also I get hard whenever I kick a pedestrian in the shins. Is that normal?

Corpsey, today is a good day to walk away from the internet.

craner

Beast of Burden
Corpsey, I really don’t want to see your internet search history featured on the News at 10.

Corpsey

bandz ahoy
idea for Hellraiser prequel in which Pinhead stubs his toe on a table leg and realises he quite likes it.