Splitting. Bifurcation.

sadmanbarty

Well, as a digression, it's interesting what gets taken to mean 'real hiphop' it's basically every producer who contributes to illmatic. It's that sound pallets. That structure. There's no rza in there. There's no havoc in there. It's smooth jazz vibes and chopped samples. That's it. The head nod.

signifiers of upward mobility

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
part of the problem with the poptimist value set is it is democratic and hence is indefinitely dependent on capitals self-serving ideologies to hold weight. it's not demograph(ised) new neologism i have coined.

luka

No boisterousness is a big one. No one really picks up on the opener. Which is perhaps the best track.

luka

part of the problem with the poptimist value set is it is democratic and hence is indefinitely dependent on capitals self-serving ideologies to hold weight. it's not demograph(ised) new neologism i have coined.

Explain the new coinage

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Explain the new coinage

poptimism looks at national or city majorities without looking at geographical trends. it's why I've never ever understood reading garage through the poptimist mindset. populist, sure, but not poptimist.

if you took the poptimist approach to garage in say leeds you'd have to conclude that sweet female attitude was huge there when usually it was more cheesy hard house and shite.

luka

Plus the west was always simplistic with the patterns. If you listen to eazy e. That's the west coast flow. Not trying nothing fancy. Say some cool shit. Don't show off

sadmanbarty

lady of rage's verse is way to fun to be real rap. its the body not the mind. it's not cerebral, it's big bums bouncing and guys with big guns and massive dicks.

luka

No limits early years are full of the most tawdry g funk rip offs but no one tried to do it properly. With that scope and polish. Everyone knew it was too good to copy, a compliment in itself.