luka

I sent him vegetable empire and got a letter in return. I sent him prediction tablet and got a letter in return. They're amazing letters. Much like the poems really. There's not a straightforward phrase in them.

• Wow
Reactions: sus

luka

When I opened the first one I got and realised who it was from I threw it down like it was burning. The shock was so great. It's the most startling thing that's ever happened to me.

• Fire

version

I've got that reading of Vegetable Empire on atm. Very good. I don't usually like people reading things, but it works. The sound effects too, love the water.

luka

Yeah it's amazing. I could never have done it half as well. No way. He brings it to life.

version

I can barely read straightforward poetry. I can never get a grip on the rhythm unless it rhymes at the end of each line. That's partly why I find the songs in Pynchon a pain in the arse. I can't work out the tune and have to read them like prose.

luka

There's supposed to be a polymath genius character in the yellow submarine (I've never watched it) called Jeremy that's based on JH Prynne. I mentioned this to Tracy Twyman on Twitter shortly before she died.

woops

is not like other people
Jeremy Halvard Prynne is from Kent and is old enough to have done national service. He was taught by Donald Davie among others and spent his entire adult life teaching and librarianing at Cambridge University. He has disowned his first book, Force of Circumstance, refuses to be anthologised and never reads his work in the UK. He loves blazing weed and is said to be capable of eating an entire wheel of cheese in one sitting.

sufi

lala
Prynne himself interviewed my mate for a uni place, & didnt give it to him.
I told him that you're a Prynne acolyte Luka, he was spitting

• Haha

sufi

lala
spitting with rage
my mate i mean
not prynne spitting grime bars or anything like that

luka

Your mate wouldn't want to end up at Cambridge anyway Jeremy was doing him a favour