Social Engineering.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
in fact that's one thing common to most theories of social engineering, that they come out of the Henry Ford era.

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
In the link? Ctrl+f Lancaster. There was a system in place before the JP Morgan one introduced by the Brits, inspired by the Indian caste system.

The Brits built the ivy league. Pretty smart way to remain even after losing the war.

version

Morgan was supposedly involved in the Business Plot too.

The Business Plot was a political conspiracy in 1933 in the United States. Retired Marine Corps Major General Smedley Butler claimed that wealthy businessmen were plotting to create a fascist veterans' organization with Butler as its leader and use it in a coup d'état to overthrow President Franklin D. Roosevelt. In 1934, Butler testified before the United States House of Representatives Special Committee on Un-American Activities (the "McCormack–Dickstein Committee") on these claims. No one was prosecuted.

At the time of the incidents, news media dismissed the plot, with a New York Times editorial characterizing it as a "gigantic hoax". While historians have questioned whether or not a coup was actually close to execution, most agree that some sort of plot was contemplated and discussed.

On the final day of the committee, January 29, 1935, John L. Spivak published the first of two articles in the communist magazine New Masses, revealing portions of the Congressional committee testimony that had been redacted as hearsay. Spivak argued that the plot was part of a plan by J.P. Morgan and other financiers who were coordinating with fascist groups to overthrow President Franklin D. Roosevelt.

"Wall Street's Fascist Conspiracy: Testimony that the Dickstein MacCormack Committee Suppressed" -- http://coat.ncf.ca/our_magazine/links/53/spivak-NewMasses.pdf

We're all conspiracy theorists now.

We can take this further: weren’t we always? Did we have to become so to enter the world of language with our own plots and villains and heroes. Frightened meaning-makers, pattern finders navigating an unknowable world of other plotters.

When we don’t think we are being conspiracy theorists, that’s when ideology is functioning at its purist. I think that’s what zizek was on about. That’s when we’re unconsciously perpetuating someone else’s conspiracy. There are many, competing.

Is every sentence and story an act of social engineering? All culture? Or are we talking about a very specific type of manipulation from states?

There’s a fragmentation going on with the internet, certain authorities dissolving and media landscape shifting, cracking, things are more groundless and distinctions are blurring between news and entertainment, between product and consumer, and all sorts, an ongoing process that’s always throwing up new material that’s very conspiratorially charged. It can verge on quasi-religious or just a YouTube wormhole thrill “I love conspiracy theories”

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
In the link? Ctrl+f Lancaster. There was a system in place before the JP Morgan one introduced by the Brits, inspired by the Indian caste system.

The Brits built the ivy league. Pretty smart way to remain even after losing the war.

ah no sorry just from ur quote.

Lancaster's system was still better than the church school system before - not that it was fully secular or anything. public education is something we should be defending, not going back to the days of master-apprentice relationship. that shit is even more elitist.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
We can take this further: weren’t we always? Did we have to become so to enter the world of language with our own plots and villains and heroes. Frightened meaning-makers, pattern finders navigating an unknowable world of other plotters.

When we don’t think we are being conspiracy theorists, that’s when ideology is functioning at its purist. I think that’s what zizek was on about. That’s when we’re unconsciously perpetuating someone else’s conspiracy. There are many, competing.

Is every sentence and story an act of social engineering? All culture? Or are we talking about a very specific type of manipulation from states?

it's just Jungian horseshit. that we are being severed from an inherent hierarchical collective consciousness. there's a good reason why Freud rejected this stuff because it is about sex not archetypes. sex isn't the mere production of species but the production of long historical phenomena as intelligible to us.

if you really want to make the collective consciousness argument, you also have to admit that a lot of prelinguistic, pre national, pre tribal and pre gendered residues exist in our composition, even from the neanderthal era onwards. even the rubbing together of sticks and stones and the discovery of fire.

writing was discovered, not *invented*

Last edited:
Which part did you see as jung horseshit? The villains and heroes bit? I think if I’d said mum-dad-me at that point the post would still function in the same way

luka

JP Morgan and friends starting the compulsory school system in America at the beginning of the 20th century explains a whole lot about dumbing down. Was inspired by the 19th century Prussian tiered school system where 0.5% of the population got a 'full' education. 2.5% were taught to lead and administrate. The rest were taught to take orders. Once it proved to be effective Morgan exported it to the rest of the world and it remains the defacto system pretty much globally.

http://choiceandtruth.blogspot.com/2013/07/the-history-of-compulsory-schooling-its.html?m=1

Hobsbawn talks a lot about universal education as an essential component of nation building.

One of the things that happens as we move forward into time is standardisation which is necessary for the formation of larger and larger blocs. So education helps to establish a standardised language within new nation states. Among other things.

Think also of standardised time and space which starts in Greenwich.

Last edited:

luka

One thing that pertains to this thread is the way the right has borrowed the lefts clothing. Everyone has noticed this recently. It's a commonplace.

One of the lefts 'things' is to say, that's ideology, and it serves to naturalise the rule of the rulers. It's self serving.

This is a fundamental part of all anti capitalist and anti colonialist thought.

The right have adopted this and cast liberalism as the ruling ideology and the left as the ruling class.

luka

In the olden days dissent took the form of heresy. One of the disturbing things about the capitalist era is that Marxism monopolises dissent. It seems to be part of capitalism itself. Part of the same structure.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Looks that way.
The only plant products worth consuming are chocolate and red wine.

HMG's ultimate end game is the bifurcation of humanity into an underclass of docile, bovine, herbivore-livestock and an overclass of sharp-toothed predator-cannibals.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Which part did you see as jung horseshit? The villains and heroes bit? I think if I’d said mum-dad-me at that point the post would still function in the same way

no, i broadly agree with what you are saying. I mean the conspiracy theories that revolve around deceptive nation states and one world governments. Luke is right that the right has taken on the lefts language, and what the left thought was Marxian thought. in reality the lefts main idiom is man is born free but everywhere he finds himself in chains, which is Rousseau, and wrong.

I'm not dismissing conspiracy theories as horseshit, I'm dismissing the opposition to them as horseshit, because they operate in the same modality.