Good/Evil

• Good

Votes: 2 100.0%
  • Evil

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

luka

Interesting comparison droid. I would have to say evil beyond hope of redemption.

version

I like the Elvis version, there's just something irritating about the Simon & Garfunkel one.

luka

Drippy. But what does this have to do with the arrested development exactly?

droid

A vague inspirational/wholesome + success/failure comparison. Mainly just curious.

droid

But drippy isnt evil per se.

I guess the question im interested in is: do songs that are supposed help, inspire or comfort actually undermine those sentiments due to execution or something inherent in their conception, thereby tainting or inverting the desired intention (with the assumption that true evil is perversion of the good)?

luka

Yes that's more interesting and probably something like what I had in mind with the original question[SUP][/SUP]

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
But drippy isnt evil per se.

I guess the question im interested in is: do songs that are supposed help, inspire or comfort actually undermine those sentiments due to execution or something inherent in their conception, thereby tainting or inverting the desired intention (with the assumption that true evil is perversion of the good)?

Only now in the state things have become. Shit's topsy turvy.

droid

So in the case of arrested development, does an apparently sincere attempt to express ideas about black consciousness, solidarity and cultural expression actual evoke a sense of disgust in same?

pattycakes_

Can turn naughty
But it doesn't look good if that's where you're at. And even worse if you then try to twist that onto other people when it's really you who's twisted. And the reason you're doing that is because you're twisted.

Just thinking aloud here.

droid

My feeling is that the oblique is often far more successful, but often these types of emotions must be expressed directly to have impact.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.
The Arrested Development is good, one of those undeniable songs like Summertime (tho not as good as that). the ice cube line makes me smile.