Thread for HMGovt to post tracks and describe them in a portentous way

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Portentous and/or pretentious. I thought this was well cool:

I remember the sabres LP came out at the very same time skunk first arrived and I clearly recall how listening to this vast and baleful track was like being borne on the Styx into the second, darker half of the 90s.

Tell us about the time a darkside jungle tune reminded you of Grendel emerging from the mists of his haunted mere on the tail end of a mushroom trip in a service station car park. Or something.

Last edited:
Portentous and/or pretentious. I thought this was well cool:

Tell us about the time a darkside jungle tune reminded you of Grendel emerging from the mists of his haunted mere on the tail end of a mushroom trip in a service station car park. Or something.

I.do have a few of these, but love island is on. Brb.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
This is a bit of a cheat because it doesn't depend on any one particular time I heard it and I'm stealing someone else's prose, but:

H. P. Lovecraft said:
... that amorphous blight of nethermost confusion which blasphemes and bubbles at the center of all infinity—the boundless daemon sultan Azathoth, whose name no lips dare speak aloud, and who gnaws hungrily in inconceivable, unlighted chambers beyond time and space amidst the muffled, maddening beating of vile drums and the thin monotonous whine of accursed flutes.

Mr. Tea

Let's Talk About Ceps
Just remembered this one. I was living in Geneva in 2005 while studying at CERN and was on the bus going home in the evening. It must have been winter, or I'd stayed late, because it was dark, but we were crossing the bridge over the Rhone as it flows out from Lac Leman, so the lake to my left was just this big mysterious, empty darkness, and the bare trees (yes, I'm sure it was winter) along the bridge had all been decked out in these little twinkling lights, some of them pure while, some of them a sort of cosmic blue. I'd been listening to Holst's Planets on my mp3 player and had got right to the end. This was playing as I crossed the star-strung bridge over the cold, black water:

Hadn't deliberately timed it or anything, but it was perfect.

Last edited: