The Last Flowering of the Future

luka

i keep toying with doing a signs of ageing thread. hair out your ears and nostrils, rhuemantism etc but i dunno if im ready for it just yet.... it would be quite brutal

luka

me too more or less, well, i first had to get the full shave at about 27 i think. it never bothered me really i dunno why maybe cos my hair was rubbish anyway

Leo

I went bald when I was in my early twenties; quite glad I dealt with that trauma early tbh

I was getting grey by that age, so yeah got to skip the stress of having it happen later. It was actually kind of cool to be pretty much grey by 30.

luka

you cant tar me with that brush im nothing to do with it and my record is exemplary lol

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
anyway barty admitted what I was always saying in neon screams anyway. The stuff he likes isn't really rap/dancehall in the sense we are familiar with, much less localised and possessing the concrete attributes of regions. It's just that for reasons of historical evolution, and because mass musical consciousness hasn't found new terms to call them by. So I have no stake in this battle. I won by getting him to admit it in his book.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
People have built their lives around the nuum and then he makes us listen to a load of good music that doesn't give a fuck about it!

We feel unsettled, unmoored. Leaderless, for a moment. But ultimately grateful

Also this is not true really, if anything i have built my life around atonality and dissonance in music.

Part of why funky never really blew me away, whereas wobble dubstep did at the time. But I only really realised this on here, that generally speaking what people want from electronic music is to avoid austerity. But I think that austerity was the last truly modernistic thing in electronic music.

It's why when it comes to deep tech I like the stuff which sounds like grime boys making minimal with chest rattlin' bass and skunk paranoia.

With barty it was always more studied, which I completely get cos he's a proper musician. He could quite convincingly argue that what I'm looking for in music isn't musical per se, and hence I cannot recognise his future, and he'd be right.

Last edited: