Status
Not open for further replies.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Everyone would like to but you make it impossible. Who wants to get called a cum guzzling cunt every night? Bit much innit

nah nah what's a bit much is implying that anyone who enjoys the vibes has an aesthetic penchant for sex offenders. ur not polishing yourself in gold here mate.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
nothing wrong with guzzling cum, it's perfectly rational and healthy. the problem is guzzling baked beans flavoured cum.

luka

Third all I'm saying is, everyone is waiting to listen and engage with what you have to say, everyone really wants to be able to do that. all you have to do is stop calling them cunts and berating everyone and poisoning the well. It's up to you.

No one gets home from work of an evening, cracks open a beer and thinks wicked I can't wait to log on and get abused by Thirdform. Hopefully he'll make it so the whole evening gets devoted to him and his behaviour and we can't discuss anything else and the animosity spills over into everything.

That's not why anyone comes here. It's not appealing. You know it's naughty so just restrain yourself.

EmpressJess

No offence to anybody on here, but I did feel triggered when I first saw this thread :eek:.

I don't always understand what's going on on Dissensus and sometimes there seem to be arguments and I can't tell if they're jokes or not. Maybe I misunderstood this thread but it seemed... hmmm, harsher than usual? It doesn't seem to be about anything other than attacking, or have I misunderstood something?

Guilty feminist confession time(!), but I enjoy the blokeyness of Dissensus. I used to be on 555-5555 and reading it felt like doing homework lol. This forum feels like a playground without any teachers supervising :crylarf:. But with this thread it doesn't feel so playful maybe. It feels a bit, I don't know, mean-spirited?

I hope that's ok to say :eek:. I love all you guys ❌

padraig (u.s.)

a monkey that will go ape
No offence to anybody on here, but I did feel triggered when I first saw this thread
thanks for saying something, and to others who said something. I also found it off-putting, and I should have said something myself, but couldn't, as yall would say, be arsed.

for me it's: how much time do I really have/want to put in here, do I feel like there's any point to even engaging with things like this, and my general desire to avoid the ickier (if not toxic) bits of revitalized Dissensus, which as a whole I do continue to love in some odd way.

third, luke is dead on. clearly you're smart and know tons of stuff, and jarring confrontation or whatever can sometimes be useful as a discussion tactic, but come on. no one's going to listen to your possibly excellent points when they're buried under all this vitriol for its own sake. speaking personally, the very last thing I want to do if I do pop by here after work is skim thru endless ranting. and sometimes, people just don't want to talk about the things you want to talk about. I know the feeling well. this is not the way to get them to talk about the things you want to talk about. I think it's also true that we've collectively failed to do a better job of integrating you and your ideas into the discourse, but gods know you don't make it easy.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
thanks for saying something, and to others who said something. I also found it off-putting, and I should have said something myself, but couldn't, as yall would say, be arsed.

for me it's: how much time do I really have/want to put in here, do I feel like there's any point to even engaging with things like this, and my general desire to avoid the ickier (if not toxic) bits of revitalized Dissensus, which as a whole I do continue to love in some odd way.

third, luke is dead on. clearly you're smart and know tons of stuff, and jarring confrontation or whatever can sometimes be useful as a discussion tactic, but come on. no one's going to listen to your possibly excellent points when they're buried under all this vitriol for its own sake. speaking personally, the very last thing I want to do if I do pop by here after work is skim thru endless ranting. and sometimes, people just don't want to talk about the things you want to talk about. I know the feeling well. this is not the way to get them to talk about the things you want to talk about. I think it's also true that we've collectively failed to do a better job of integrating you and your ideas into the discourse, but gods know you don't make it easy.

If you really think i'm asking for people to talk about what I want them to talk about then you've sort of missed the point of this nasty thread. that's not the point is it? the point is for others to clamp down on their toxic attitudes and suspend disbelief for a second. nothings good enough for this forum anymore because the self-consciousness aspect has been taken to ridiculous levels of parody. but you know vibes players are pedos amirite?

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
No offence to anybody on here, but I did feel triggered when I first saw this thread :eek:.

I don't always understand what's going on on Dissensus and sometimes there seem to be arguments and I can't tell if they're jokes or not. Maybe I misunderstood this thread but it seemed... hmmm, harsher than usual? It doesn't seem to be about anything other than attacking, or have I misunderstood something?

Guilty feminist confession time(!), but I enjoy the blokeyness of Dissensus. I used to be on 555-5555 and reading it felt like doing homework lol. This forum feels like a playground without any teachers supervising :crylarf:. But with this thread it doesn't feel so playful maybe. It feels a bit, I don't know, mean-spirited?

I hope that's ok to say :eek:. I love all you guys ❌

apologies my lady for my most uncouth manners, and most unparliamentary use of language. these ingrates don't know the joys of sauced liver and onions for breakfast. sometimes one has to use brute force tactics to awaken them.

Who said vibes players were paedos? I meant that vibraphone sounds like the inside of a paedos brain

TALK ABOUT MISSING THE POINT LADS

I’m sorry, you’re right lads, yes. My dislike for a musical instrument has exposed the rotten core of dissensus.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
to be fair i did make that joke about some Dutch trance atrocity first but idk i find it galling that you would call Bobby Hutcherson's playing like looking into the brain of a pedophile.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I’m sorry, you’re right lads, yes. My dislike for a musical instrument has exposed the rotten core of dissensus.

well at least i can listen to music for more than three minutes before feeling the need to gob off. Barty took interest in that thread yesterday, and we had a good conversation. luke just poisoned it. but it's all my fault isn't it now. :crylarf:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
I mean this started with 'the police are the best post-punk band ever' rubbish. that way he was able to play the arch wigger. problem is i came in and said look as an al-aeda operative, i am telling you that your kafir post-punk mates made some fantastic music. even unrepentent salafists like myself have to keep our admiration for the kafirs on the down low.

Even worse mate, I didn’t even listen to the tune at all! I just saw Craner’s comment and immediately got what he meant. I’ll always listen to everything you post and take notes before commenting in future though. And I’ll stay off the jazz thread so as not to disrupt your sermon.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
Even worse mate, I didn’t even listen to the tune at all! I just saw Craner’s comment and immediately got what he meant. I’ll always listen to everything you post and take notes before commenting in future though. And I’ll stay off the jazz thread so as not to disrupt your sermon.

Craner works for the NME so that's to be expected. blissblogger bribed him to like 2step. he's a Strokes and Stereophonics fan really.

baboon2004

Darned cockwombles.

I wouldn't worry - I've been here 15 years and sometimes look at threads in total bafflement.

My condolences for your time spent on 555-5555. You're in a better place here. (guilty male confession time - you're the first regular female poster here in about the last decade)

Status
Not open for further replies.