Thirdform’s jazz jams

sadmanbarty

What are some great jazz jams third?

I’ve seen him recommend mid-60’s joe Henderson and 70’s McCoy tyner, so he’s got impeccable taste.

Post some of the best third. Anything you want; Cecil Taylor, 70’s Miles, the lot.

Blow our brains third.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
haha nice way to diffuse the tension on the other threads you lickle rascal :crylarf: :crylarf:

underrated Bobby Hutcherson here. his best performance might i add. Vibes perfection.

sadmanbarty

Hutcherson played vibes on this. The head’s really gorgeous, but the rest of the song’s a bit of a let down.

sadmanbarty

Is Henderson the only tenor sax player of the post-bop era not to succumb to coltrane’s tone. Proper throaty and distorted.

craner

Beast of Burden
I can’t stand vibraphone, part of the reason I don’t like all of that era of Blue Note, they were all at it!

Although my Dad played vibes in Ra Ho Tep.

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
hang on wasn't luke saying that ancient greek relationshhips were very healthy and natural and that's why he could bum barty before he became his son somehow :crylarf:

thirdform

pass the sick bucket
belarusian (except this time it's south african) folk motifs with the most righteous frenetic out there scronk. unifying mr. fingers and The Bells for Barty. those guys were on another level. Another few to check are Monjezi Feeza and Johnny Bianni (sp?) fantastic rhythm section here. pure blast beats, feels like there are 10 rhythms trying to explode from within the cage. it's mutable and yet self-contained simultaneously. proper urban (as in the city) music.