Limmy

I do the annoying I liked him before anyone thing because we loved him when he had a flash site with 4 videos on

How much Limmy have you got in you Shiels? How much Dee Dee?

A little bit of limmy. I want to be his friend. I hate a lot of the same things in other people. I think Glasgow and Belfast have similar sensibilities. I feel A lot of the same class resentments and aggressive impulses are channeled in similar ways

luka

Cold, grim, wet, violent cities. Ethnically and culturally homogenous but riven by sectarianism. A discontented and troublesome sump of people cursed with a few too many brain cells for their ordained fates. That's how I imagine those places. Everyone dressed like it's still the 1970s. Little boys throwing stones at cats.

luka

Men that go to work with two jam sandwiches wrapped in tinfoil their wife made them that morning

Aye there’s the hangover of all that, grimness as primary mode and defiant humour in the face of it, the hedonism. But you’re 20-40 years out and lots has changed. Glasgow is the best city in the uk. Belfast tourism is booming, was anyway, enough time has passed we can sell the tragedy

There’s a kind of cringeworthy outward facing idea of Belfast now because of it, a self awareness that I don’t like

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Troublesome, jam sandwich eaters?

I appreciate this was probably said in jest, but without coming the patronising antagonist it represents a particularly SE-centric world-view, with more than a little English class angst. Homogeneous? I don’t even know where to begin there.

Instead of imagining, after corona maybe try visiting.

Limmy talks about the Glaswegian slang used on protest placards at trump or brexit rallies by by people who had nothing but contempt for it 10-20 years prior, the commodification of working class culture that’s always going on, coke ads trying to speak your language

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
@ Luka To visit ;) ?

Why not add Liverpool and make it a triumvirate. Yosser Hughes loves folks ridiculing the luxury of jam sarnies, especially since his wife left.

Last edited:

luka

Ive been to Glasgow. But mentioning that would have spoiled the routine. But you're not Scottish. You used the word 'yoot.'

Troublesome, jam sandwich eaters?

I appreciate this was probably said in jest, but without coming the patronising antagonist it represents a particularly SE-centric world-view, with more than a little English class angst. Homogeneous? I don’t even know where to begin there.

Instead of imagining, after corona maybe try visiting.

He isn’t welcome. Nebby cowardly English cunts sniffing about after the air has cleared? Fuck off.

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Ive been to Glasgow. But mentioning that would have spoiled the routine. But you're not Scottish. You used the word 'yoot.'

Lived in England long enough (too long) to pick up a few dialectical traits. It helps when operating behind enemy lines, what what. And you can’t say shit like that around a Celtic supporter without having your collar metaphorically felt, at the very least.

@ shiels - haha, “Excellent reviews on Trip Advisor, just watch that line from Withnail and I where the landlord queries Withnail’s territorial service record, unless the curbstones are red, white & blue of course. And Alan, here are the lyrics to The Sash, just in case. We won’t be able to blame your dementia when the balaclavas appear”

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: sus

WashYourHands

Cat Malogen
Well I get satire, it’s less obvious via text though.

My godfather is a wheezing Londoner & regional dismissals of local shop for local people backwardness usually end with a “innit John” & a wink. If you could possibly meet me halfway, we could dance on the bodies of dead ancestors yet.

Reactions: sus